1.    #1  
    I just got off the phone with Sprint customer service and was able to get a new phone replacement because my phone randomly restarts itself. Does anyone know if it will be a new or refurbished phone?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Yes. It will be a new or refurbished phone.
    i would like to know the answer to that as well. i called sprint cust serv yesterday, which for the most part is an exercise in futility. the mouthbreather i spoke with seemed to be reading off a script when she said it would be a refurbished phone.

tubal, may i suggest perezhilton.com for your commenting activities? the posters over there seem more your speed, intellect
    Most likely it would be refurbished. But anything can happen but i highly doubt they'll give you a brand new one they might just end up giving you a refurbished pre (which isn't really bad at all considering it's put under tests to meet all expectations)
    Quote Originally Posted by aldiggah View Post
    Most likely it would be refurbished. But anything can happen but i highly doubt they'll give you a brand new one they might just end up giving you a refurbished pre (which isn't really bad at all considering it's put under tests to meet all expectations)
    I would not put money on that, I replaced my first Pre with a New from Radio shack and the second one was awesome. I thought it had a crack in the screen and called palm, they sent me a Refurb and it was a complete pile. The six screws in the back were all lose and one was cross threaded in. And there was a gap in the top that you could drive a small SUV in. So they sent me another refurb and this one was nice, but it had the same crack in the screen so I can only assume its just a plastic casting mark that you can see when the back light is on.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoamer View Post
    i would like to know the answer to that as well. i called sprint cust serv yesterday, which for the most part is an exercise in futility. the mouthbreather i spoke with seemed to be reading off a script when she said it would be a refurbished phone.

tubal, may i suggest perezhilton.com for your commenting activities? the posters over there seem more your speed, intellect
    Homer, may I suggest you do a search in the forums before you post?

This is asked at least once a day, and people have reported getting both new and refurbished phones.

Don't be such a ******bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdabest9 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Sprint customer service and was able to get a new phone replacement because my phone randomly restarts itself. Does anyone know if it will be a new or refurbished phone?
    when you get your phone open the phone dialer and type in ##786# and it will bring up device stats.scroll down and look to see if there is a reconddate if so then its refurbished if not then there you go ha ha!
    oh yes a caution dont hit the reset button on the bottom of the screen well unless you want too lol
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The replacement phone I recieved from Sprint yesterday is refurbuished, but the screen is perfect and the slider is much tighter than my original phone. And the power button works! which is why i requested a replacement.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I believe it's a matter of what they have in stock. I replaced my original unit after about 2 months, and got a new unit, not refurb. Obviously, others had the opposite experience. Also, sounds like refurbs are both great and not-so-great, again depending.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced