Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    And your source is...?

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Ditto. I would like to know the source of that also.
    Jesus. Can't argue with that can ya.
    ok but does anyone have a date & some kinda source? not that i trust the internet but seeing it in print somewhere would be nice..
    Quote Originally Posted by moe101978 View Post
    ok but does anyone have a date & some kinda source? not that i trust the internet but seeing it in print somewhere would be nice..
    i heard "a webOS device" will hit at&t but im betting anything it wont be the pre...maybe the pixie sure but not the pre
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

just wondering if anyone is reading this thread anymore? any updates? i heard october but its almost mid-october now so who knows? anyone have any more info? anyone? anyone? bueller? bueller?
    Question can a unlocked Iphone be used on sprint with all of the features we receive on say our palm pre?
    or would we just be able to talk on it
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityeverlastingbonet View Post
    Question can a unlocked Iphone be used on sprint with all of the features we receive on say our palm pre?
    or would we just be able to talk on it
    iPhones are GSM. Sprint is CDMA. Totally different networks, totally incompatible. There is no way to use an iPhone on Sprint in any capacity.

/Kevin
    just wondering if anyone is reading this thread anymore? any updates? i heard october but its almost mid-october now so who knows? anyone have any more info? anyone? anyone? bueller? bueller?
    My understanding is that Sprint has an exclusive on the Palm Pre for at least through the end of 2009. I don't think anyone has released any specifics that I've been able to find -- then again, I haven't looked that hard because I'm not leaving Sprint.

Of course, Palm Pre exclusivity doesn't mean that AT&T (or another provider) can't get a different webOS device, such as the Pixi/Eos. But I haven't heard any official release dates on anything. Heck, Sprint hasn't even put out an official release date for the Pixi (s far as I know).

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Do you seriously think apple is going to let at&t carry the pre? You gotta be outta your mind to expect that. What other iphone competitors does at&t carry?
    Agreed 100%. I don't think it was coincidence that right around the time the first rumors of Verizon and AT&T getting the Pre surfaced so did the "new" rumors about Apple talking to Verizon.

Apple's arrogance forbids them from allowing the Pre from appearing in AT&T's lineup. Heck I'd be surprised if Apple even "allowed" AT&T to carry the Pixi or a GSM Hero. As they say back in the motherland, Apple have AT&T by the short & curlies, and they know it!
    Has any of this been resolved? i am one of many, waiting for the Pre on at&t. (be4 u ask, sprint coverage blows where i live, i've had at&t for 5 years and its by far the best where i live.). does anyone know when the Pre will be available for at&t? (& yes the last time my buddy was asked (he works for at&t) he said at&t WILL use the Pre-it IS actually possible that people exist who do NOT like the iphone after all)..so anyone got a date for the pre release?
    Nothing has been confirmed that I have read.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Do you seriously think apple is going to let at&t carry the pre? You gotta be outta your mind to expect that. What other iphone competitors does at&t carry?
    Yeah right so Apple now decides which phones AT&T carriers. Damn Apple is really powerful.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Agreed 100%. I don't think it was coincidence that right around the time the first rumors of Verizon and AT&T getting the Pre surfaced so did the "new" rumors about Apple talking to Verizon.

Apple's arrogance forbids them from allowing the Pre from appearing in AT&T's lineup. Heck I'd be surprised if Apple even "allowed" AT&T to carry the Pixi or a GSM Hero. As they say back in the motherland, Apple have AT&T by the short & curlies, and they know it!
    Look at some of these deluded fan boys. Apple is responsible for everything being wrong in their miserable world.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    you guys say what you want but apples deal with att is a money tree and the last thing att wants to do is give that up. So I would bet apple has alot of pull around the att headquarters all they have to do is talk of spreading that iphone love around to the other carriers. I mean how many people would jump ship if the iphone was on other carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    Yeah right so Apple now decides which phones AT&T carriers. Damn Apple is really powerful.
    So what does AT&T carry that rivals the iPhone? If anyone is deluded, it's you. AT&T was nothing until the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccureton View Post
    you guys say what you want but apples deal with att is a money tree and the last thing att wants to do is give that up. So I would bet apple has alot of pull around the att headquarters all they have to do is talk of spreading that iphone love around to the other carriers. I mean how many people would jump ship if the iphone was on other carriers.
    Oh so it's Apple's deal with AT&T that is also preventing them from selling Blackberries and Windows Mobile phones. I mean AT&T only sells one phone: the iphone!
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    So what does AT&T carry that rivals the iPhone? If anyone is deluded, it's you. AT&T was nothing until the iPhone.
    Only deluded fan boys like yourself would blame Apple for everything. I guess that's why AT&T stopped carrying Blackberry phones and Windows Mobile phones because of Apple. I mean all 70 million AT&T customers use iphones and nothing else. At&T as a company and Cingular didn't exist before the iphone. But what else do I expect from people on this site living in la la land.
    Only deluded fan boys like yourself would blame Apple for everything. I guess that's why AT&T stopped carrying Blackberry phones and Windows Mobile phones because of Apple. I mean all 70 million AT&T customers use iphones and nothing else. At&T as a company and Cingular didn't exist before the iphone. But what else do I expect from people on this site living in la la land.
    Blackberry's and WM phones compete with the iPhone? In what realm? What have you been smoking? And you say I'm living in la la land, amazing.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Blackberry's and WM phones compete with the iPhone? In what realm? What have you been smoking?
    So Blackberry and Windows mobile phones don't compete with iphones. Now I have it heard it all.
    So Blackberry and Windows mobile phones don't compete with iphones. Now I have it heard it all.
    What does a BB phone do that even comes close to an iPhone? Email? They suck for anything web browsing or multimedia. WM is a slow, laggy OS that hasn't changed in the last 4 or so years, besides companies like HTC putting new interfaces on it. It's still slow, it's still junk, and it's losing market share hand over fist. It does not, and cannot, compete with the iPhone.
    Notice how AT&T has no Android phones. That speaks volumes.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    What does a BB phone do that even comes close to an iPhone? Email? They suck for anything web browsing or multimedia. WM is a slow, laggy OS that hasn't changed in the last 4 or so years, besides companies like HTC putting new interfaces on it. It's still slow, it's still junk, and it's losing market share hand over fist. It does not, and cannot, compete with the iPhone.
    According to who, you? Let me guess the only phone that competes with the iphone is Palm. Last time I checked there are many smartphones out there competing with the iphone including phones from Blackberry and Windows Mobile but I guess it's better to leave those out to try and prove your point.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast