1.    #1  
    just want to know if someone can mirror the pre like system restore on my computer that way i can restore it if it crashes or whatever . i really dont want to loose everything i have done to my phone because of an update or whatever the problem may be . thanks have a great day !!!!
    I agree, that would be cool. I had apps on my Centro and also Treo 800w that would do image backups and either save them to an SD card or send them OTA to an FTP site. Any problems and I would restore the image and all would be well.

Obviously the Pre doesn't have a memory card but creating a backup and then uploading OTA to an FTP site would be great!

I used NVBackup on my Centro (also had Resco Pro) and used Sprite backup on my 800w.
  3.    #4  
    thanks i will give it a try then ...... hope it works
    It works, I use it.
    Thanks, I've seen that option but while it may work just fine, it can't compare to something like NVBackup that I used on my Centro.

I would set up auto backups to the memory card overnight while my Centro was charging, then it would FTP a copy over the air to an FTP site. If I had to reset my Centro for any reason, I could re-download the image from the memory card or from the FTP site and have it back up and running in minutes with all my apps, settings, etc. The beauty of it was that it didn't tie you to a computer.

Since the Pre doesn't have a memory card, I wonder if a separate protected partition could be set up for backups in case you have to reset your Pre to factory default settings and then reload an image from the separate partition. If not, then you would have to reload the backup app and then restore an image over the air from your FTP site.

With all the great developers out there, I'm hoping we see something like that at some point.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    It works, I use it.
    Have you tried doing a restore yet? Me thinks you'll be surprised to learn that you've only backed up your pictures and music from the USB partition, not the phone's internal Linux flash partitions.....
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Have you tried doing a restore yet? Me thinks you'll be surprised to learn that you've only backed up your pictures and music from the USB partition, not the phone's internal Linux flash partitions.....
    if you read more closely you will see that we already know this ,thats why im looking to see if anyone can create an app to fix this lol
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you read more closely you will see that we already know this ,thats why im looking to see if anyone can create an app to fix this lol
    I wrote it a month ago, but have been hesitant to share it because I'm not sure that it isn't *so* good that it could be used to create illegal clones of our phones.

Once the App Catalog is open for business, I will probably package it up and submit it for Palm's review. If they approve it, then I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I didn't distribute a burglar tool.....