1.    #1  
    CAN YOU CURRENTLY PLAY GOOGLE VOICE MESSAGES FROM THE PRE WITHOUT CALLING IN????? I have all three homebrew apps and I cannot play my GV messages from the phone without calling in. If I play from the gv mobile site, the pre attempts to load the MP3 then gives an error message. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Maybe try a couple things.

1) Post the question 1 time in 1 thread.

2) Don't start yet another thread asking the same question by yelling this time.

3) Maybe there are already so many threads discussing it that by now people are tired of answering the same question over and over and now, over and over for the same person, who is now yelling at the forum.

Just say'n.....
    If you are using a Homebrew for Google (which I don't use that service myself), write to one of the developers for that app and post the question in his thread.

You can get to those threads by going to the app in the homebrew area, in your app at the bottom is a link to the message thread of the developer that produced that particular app.

Since you say you have several google voicemail apps, I guess it would be OK to post your question to each developer.

I would try and help you further but I don't know anything about Google Voice Mail.

I know your frustrated, but these guys here are great it might take some time for someone to answer.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

4.    #4  
    Hi Rob,
    Thanks. You say this has been discussed so many times, could you please send me a link to an answer. It seems like such a simple question, "can you play GV messages on the Pre without calling in?" I have searched and posted everywhere (to developers, here, GV forums, etc.) but I still can't find the answer. If you have seen it discussed somewhere, please share.

Thanks,
    brian
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laphotoparty View Post
    CAN YOU CURRENTLY PLAY GOOGLE VOICE MESSAGES FROM THE PRE WITHOUT CALLING IN????? I have all three homebrew apps and I cannot play my GV messages from the phone without calling in. If I play from the gv mobile site, the pre attempts to load the MP3 then gives an error message. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Don't know anything about GV, but did a search from the Forums Search Menu and this is one, of many, that was there......

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...voice-app.html
    the answer is no, you can not. dont try any more, its a wasted cause
    For GV mobile, they do not download with MP3 suffix. If there is a way for you to download the message and save or add the MP3 suffix then that could work. Just a suggestion.
    If this is the solution to his problem, then laphotoparty might place a request for an app or feature upgrade to one of the Google Apps that he is using.

So post the question as asking for this as a feature request.

And some people might not be answering the question because they are not doing what you are trying to do.

So I guess if you've searched and looked for the answer, nobody has talked about it.

You say you looked at the threads of the developers but did you post a question as well?

As I see, this Buzzard, said you can't, so you have your answer.

Then your left with asking for this to be a feature to be added to one of the apps, if it's even possible to program it in. It might be something Google doesn't allow for, unless they make the app themselves.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I haven't been able to get it to work on the Pre. Works fine on the Iphone and other devices but not the Pre. Perhaps an update will fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laphotoparty View Post
    I have all three homebrew apps and I cannot play my GV messages from the phone without calling in.

Then, "no."

I'm sorry. The last word of my prior post, it seems, was censored.

It began with a "d" and ended with an "oosh" sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I'm sorry. The last word of my prior post, it seems, was censored.

It began with a "d" and ended with an "oosh" sound.
    denmarkoosh?
    This signature for rent