1.    #1  
    Before anything, I want to thank all the devs who have done this possible on the Palm Pre. It is really amazing. Now, I have experienced a few issues with the keyboard.
    -The keyboard doesn't allow you to enter addresses on the calendar view. You have to go on detail view to make it work.
    -On the web browser when typing messages (Let's say on Precentral) the back button doesn't work.
    -When typing an address intersection on Sprint Navigation it works fine for the first entry textbox, but on the second one it jumps back to the first textbox.

So, it is really nice, but I hope those little things can be fixed.
    it is a neat toy, but not very practicle yet. i have trouble bringing the keyboard up. it is very difficult to tap both sides of the gesture area equally. maybe its my pre. anybody else have this problem? anybody know if having advance gestures on makes it harder to turn on the keyboard? it is still a neat hack and i give much praise to whomever figured it out.
    Last edited by lite blue; 08/29/2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo
    well my keyboard come up really easy just top 2 times in any gesture area. try that .
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    it is a neat toy, but not very practicle yet. i have trouble bringing the keyboard up. it is very difficult to tap both sides of the gesture area equally. maybe its my pre. anybody else have this problem? anybody know if having advance gestures on makes it harder to turn on the keyboard? it is still a neat hack and i give much praise to whomever figured it out.
    Try double tapping on the gesture area (on one side, just tap twice, similar to a double click)
    that is much better, from the youtube video i thought one had to hit both sides of the gesture area. double tapping one side works much better.

has anyone added to haptic response option, or the "click" sound options?
    if so are they useful?
    The "enter" button doesn't work once you're in a webpage either just like the backspace doesnt work.
    It is a nice effort but it is far from being usable. I have had many issues with it:

1- If you are on a web page and filling in a user name field and want to tap on the password field I had to close the keyboard first, tap on the password field and then bring the keyboard back up. Tapping on a different field while the keyboard is up does not work.
    2- Since there are no applications that work in landscape to start, the landscape mode is usless to me.
    3- It it is not very responsive and I misspelled lots of words.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    that is much better, from the youtube video i thought one had to hit both sides of the gesture area. double tapping one side works much better.

has anyone added to haptic response option, or the "click" sound options?
    if so are they useful?
    The onscreen keyboard is good without the haptic response because the letters enlarge but I set my haptic response to 50 and its much better.
    Apache-->755p-->Mogul-->Pre-->TP2-->Hero--->PRE!!!
    I feel like the haptic response makes it laggy. Anyone else??
    I have my haptic on 50 and it feels just right. Close to how my instinct felt. Lovin' this hack! Im using the classic remix with very little lag. When you initiate the keyboard in a text field it remembers THAT field. Thats why when you click on the next text field with the keyboard still on screen it will go back to the previous text field. You have to enter text then double tap or back swipe to remove keyboard. tap in new text field then double tap to bring back up keyboard and it will stay in the new text field.... only way around it for the time being.
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I also realized that the backspace doesn't work well when on a website
    typin tjis on mty onscreen kryboard on the pre sa.nd man i really love my hadrf keyboatd rightnow . maybe i just xc&&ant type . its def beta . hoepfully palm mame there pown soon
    The way you bring it up is you tap ether side of the gesture area twice. Then tap once to get rid of it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Found some other problems...

When you first start to type, it doesn't capitalize the first letter NOR does it do it after a period.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    This has all been discussed.

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

Specifically:

"as of 26 August 2009 the following issues are known:
    Auto-Correct is not functional (SmartTextEngine is handled in libWebKitLuna.so, so might need plugin to add this support)
    Backspace/enter do not work in webview text fields (The text fields in webview seem to be handled by the browser adapter plugin).
    Sym key re-draws and re-positions the keyboard, should at least not re-position.
    Clipboard, orange-scroll and shift-highlight do not operate with virtual keyboard
    There is no way to bring up Global Search without pressing a key on the hard keyboard. One idea is to add a top-bar item in between the app menu and device menu that will launch Global Search with the virtual keyboard displayed. The virtual keyboard already works properly once the Global Search is in the foreground (i.e. after a hard key press)
    Hide kb when focus changes from text box (e.g. landscape in web browser, text box goes away)
    Notifications and probably other scene re-sizes do not move the keyboard, however the text fields move and this may put them beneath the virtual keyboard. Keyboard should be able to adjust with the scene"

I've been using the virtual keyboard in combination with my landscape e-mail and messaging tweaks from Web OS Quick Install. Definitely gives value to the virtual keyboard.
    i got to say minus the backspace issue, the virtual keyboard is easy to use. tho, the gesture to turn off keyboard doesnt work quite well. i am using it to post this with only 3 errors requiring the hard keyboard. make that 4.
    It's got its issues, but I'm loving the hell out of it.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    what a bunch of cry babies in here.....some people just love to *****....what was the point in starting a threat about this...go to the main keyboard thread and ask your question in there.