1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

My pre got blown off a hotel balcony and smashed on the rocks below...I guess the Seidio Innocase isn't made to withstand a 30 foot drop.

Anyway, got my replacement but wanted to see if I can salvage any pictures from the old pre. It turns on fine, but the screen is completely unusable. Vista isn't detecting the device, which I assume is due to the fact that I have to select usb mode etc. Are there any keyboard shortcuts I can use to select USB mode so that I can try and backup some things?

Thank you!
  2.    #2  
    Oy, Sprint customer service isn't being helpful with this issue. Can anyone venture a guess before I send this thing back to Asurion? (At least I got a new battery and charger out of all of this)
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Wish I had an answer for you. Is there anyway to go into my computer and detect it that way? I've never tried it, but I heard you can do it that way. Sorry to hear about your loss, sounds like it commited suicide!
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Did you leave developer mode on, or install a back door like ssh? If so, you should be able to connect to your phone without needing the screen. Everything that's on the USB drive partition can be found in /media/internal from a shell prompt, and you should be able to transfer them to another system via ssh or scp.....