Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ..yeah, you read that right.
    I was at work the other day(I work at a Ford dealership as a Tech Associate) and somehow my Pre fell out of my front shirt pocket without me noticing it and landed outside the the bay door by the diesel rack(where we fix diesel vehicles).

Well I looked ALL over the shop and the dealership for it, thinking it had fallen into a customers car or what have you. Needless to say, I went home pretty angry at my irresponsibility. I contacted my local Sprint store to see my options. But that's besides the point..

As I was saying, the next morning the diesel tech walked over to me, holding my "baby" in his hands as he informed that he had just pulled an ambulance out of the shop and said he had ran over my phone in the process.On inspection of the phone, the top piece to my seidio innocase had snapped off but the bottom was still on. There were a few small pebble sized gashes and scratches on the screen. I thought it was over for me and my Pre, which I had spent hours upon hours rooting and hacking and theming. I was ready to face the facts..

But this post was made using my Pre and besides the minor visual defects, it still works COMPLETELY FINE. A friend of mine in the shop who has an iphone said "I hate to say it, but in the ran over by an ambulance test, the Pre definitely beats the iphone".

I could not be more satisfied with a phone. I was thinking I'd exchange for a new one, but to be honest, I kinda like the small gashes. It adds character and reminds me of how great a product Palm has made.

This has been my testimonial.
    lol thats awsome, I was worried when I dropped mine on the carpet last night :P
    Last edited by GoldenSpartan; 08/29/2009 at 12:59 PM.
    XV6700>Moto Q>U740>Omnia i910>Palm Pre
    Sung to the tune Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
    Quote Originally Posted by justkeptfading View Post
    I was at work the other day(I work at a Ford dealership as a Tech Associate) and somehow my Pre fell out of my front shirt pocket without me noticing it and landed outside the the bay door by the diesel rack(where we fix diesel vehicles).

Well I looked ALL over the shop and the dealership for it, thinking it had fallen into a customers car or what have you. Needless to say, I went home pretty angry at my irresponsibility.
    Just curious....did you try calling your number to see if you could hear the phone ringing or did you have the ringer turned off?

I'm "misplaced" my phone a few times and always found it by using the ringer.

Good to hear it took a beating and still works.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    plastic wins against glass everytime when it comes to shattering
    -m
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Cool! But I'm afraid your post might not get many hits because it's so positive. Good news is not news to lots of people.

I'm lovin the Pre. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by justkeptfading View Post
    A friend of mine in the shop who has an iphone said "I hate to say it, but in the ran over by an ambulance test, the Pre definitely beats the iphone".
    Was this theoretical, or was he willing to actually test it ?

Great story!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Someone will post that the ambulance wouldn't have run over the Iphone cause it is so great.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    That's funny.. lmao
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Just when you think you have heard it all....
    Keep the phone and the marks do add character. I have dropped my Pre twice on cement and no problems aside from the additional 'character marks' around the edges.
    Sounds like good advertisement for the innocase and the Pre. Write to Palm and Seidio, tell them the story and show them the pics....you never know, they may give you free replacements if you allow them to use your "testimonial!"
    In Apple world, the iPhone runs over the Ambulance.

I used the magnetic flap holster, because this type of stuff happened too much.
    i've dropped my Pre a dozen times and on all different types of surfaces but it still looks and performs perfectly well.
    thats cool!...when i first glanced at ur post i thought u trashed the Blue Pre i was like nooooooo!!!
    If you send this to the folks at Apple I bet you they will make an "APP FOR THAT" ROFLMAO!!

I work with a guy who has the 3G-S and I'm guessing he has well over 200 apps on his phone already, I'm going to ask him about the ambulance app and see how long it takes for him to find it.
    Shirt pocket is a double plus bad place to keep ones phone. Palm side case with magnetic flap has an awesome belt clip--it's not going anywhere!

But it's good to know that your Pre was okay, and that it can take a beating.
    awesome testimonial
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    well i wish i had your good luck : ( i was texting on my phone and saw what i thought was a piece of hair on the sceen. It was actually a crack starting from the spot you put the crarger in going up into my screen : ( i am ery very careful with my phone. Not sure how it would happen. there are no other scrathced at all on it.
    TTIUWP
    Yah mine has lots of battle scacs. one including a large chip out of the left top corner. just today it fell out of my pocket while i was sitting in my jeep. (the doors are off.) and slammed to the ground. Luckily I was waiting for a friend and not moving.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast