Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The volume rocker does not increase/decrease the volume. It happened while I was walking home from work. The phone was in my pocket under no particular stress. I keep it in the OEM pouch and treat it with tender loving care as I treat everything else I own. here are some screen captures.

It hides my notifications which is very annoying. Can't listen to music anymore either.

I tried to embed screen captures but I'm under the post count of ten. Imagine you lower your volume to zero and the volume bar at the bottom does not go away that's what I have.
    Last edited by jscatliffe; 08/29/2009 at 06:30 PM.
    Sounds like you just may have a dead Volume rocker. If you can't increase/decrease the volume and it's keeping your volume level alert up it could mean it's jammed in either the volume up or volume down position.

Have you tried a soft Reset??? Maybe that might fix it.

To softreset hold down the "orange" key the "Sym" key and the "P" key at the same time.

If that doesn't help, how longhave you had your Pre? Take it back and see if you can get it exchanged. Could fall under the warrenty.

If that doesn't work
    to all: before posting immediately about your glitch/bug/problem PLEASE reboot your device . It resolves 99% of most of these little problems. If that doesn't work, try a battery pull. If that doesn't work, then post.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post

To softreset hold down the "orange" key the "Sym" key and the "P" key at the same time.
    i think you mean, "Orange"+"Sym"+"R"

=D
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    Sounds like you just may have a dead Volume rocker. If you can't increase/decrease the volume and it's keeping your volume level alert up it could mean it's jammed in either the volume up or volume down position.

If that doesn't help, how longhave you had your Pre? Take it back and see if you can get it exchanged. Could fall under the warrenty.

If that doesn't work
    Just wanted to clear this up:

Its "ORANGE" + "SYM" + "R"

"ORANGE" + "SYM" + "P" is print screen

I have been having volume rocker issues as well lately. I have posted a few times on this issue. My last post I said I fixed the problem by blowing compressed air behind the rocker, but after a couple days it came back, but now it's gone again and hasn't comeback for 3 days. If it does it once more, I will take my Pre to a Sprint repair store.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    to all: before posting immediately about your glitch/bug/problem PLEASE reboot your device . It resolves 99% of most of these little problems. If that doesn't work, try a battery pull. If that doesn't work, then post.
    agreed.
    "my phones slow should i take it back?!?!"
    "reset your phone"
    "oh WOW thanks guys! never woulda thought of it myself!!"
    no offense to anyone of course
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Thanks Captain Obvious for assuming I didn't already do these things. If your not going to be helpful then why even reply. Go about trolling elsewhere. I did search and before I created this thread a couple of threads were generated which I gladly checked out. None of them were Pre related.Try increasing your post count by helping not flaming.

I did remove the back cover and the actual volume rocker. Applied compressed air as well. It doesn't appear stuck because it does still give me feedback when pressed. I'll just take it to a store for exchange. Thanks for all of your suggestions.
    Last edited by jscatliffe; 08/30/2009 at 10:39 PM.
    My volume rocker just broke as well. This morning kept being stuck on increasing the volume and after some pressing on it to try and unjam it seems to have blown. Now cannot increase the volume at all, only lower it. Going to get an exchange. I'm peeved because I really like my build quality date 7/16/09 (it's my 2nd one - had a launch day unit that was good too but the headphone jack went bad and was static-filled).

Argh.
    you know I haven't had a problem since I posted here. Somehow, oh ****, the volume just increased for no reason as I'm typing!! I'm mot even kidding.
    Well, I guess it still acts up. Let me know if you get you replaced under warranty.
    my down volume was not working so after reading this post i took off the back cover and slide the corner of a business card under the rocker. after doing this a few times volume is working fine. seems like my issue was dust.
    I just had the same issue, my pre acted as if the down volume button was permanently pressed. I put it in a bag of rice for an hour (gets moisture out) and then slid a piece of paper behind the volume rocker (with the back off) and now it is fine! I think it was the paper that fixed it...read another thread on it and that helped a LOT of people.