Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Dont worry though, apple is covering it up. I dont think palm would have the resources or the influence ($$$$$$$) to silence these birds.

Overheating iphone reports 'exploding' all over France, Apple Responds

Apparently one security guard got a piece of his iphone glass screen in his eye. Anyone see the pun life just made? its literally the eye-phone.
    1 more win for the pre.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    [IMG]http://kamaladolphinkingsley.com/otisblog/images/fancy-****-web.jpg[/IMG]

Quality.
    This is more about the battery than anything. Lithium ion batteries always have this risk, and with the millions of iPhones/iPods out there it is bound to happen.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    You did read the articles, right? It had nothing to do with the battery, and the problems were all caused by external damage (ie, glass broken inward). In other words, the people were lying, which is what I suspected. With a bazillion of these devices in the US, I think we would have heard about it if there was really an exploding battery problem.

On the other hand, this is good news for the Pre. I think some of Palm's strongest marketing right now comes from any failure of the iPhone that gets publicity, true or not.
    If the Pre follows the iPhone's pattern of 1 in a million phones "exploding" - you won't even have to start worrying about it until well into next year! Bah-dum-bum!
    Maybe you should read articles before you link to them so it doesn't make you look dumb.