1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just got my pre and so far have been really impressed. The last two days I had a public ip from Bell and was able to connect to my pre via ssh over evdo.

However, tonight, I seem to now have a 10.0.0.0/8 ip and am behind a nat and can no longer connect directly to my pre (and this, just after I setup ddns).

Is anybody else seeing this? Are you still getting a publically accessible IP over your evdo connection?

Thanks!
    Where are you getting your IP?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Where are you getting your IP?
    Hi, you can see this via /sbin/ifconfig if you have root'ed your pre, or there are a few apps that make it easier (MyIP is the one I use).

Anyone else on Bell who has MyIP installed, can you confirm if you have a 10.x ip or a public one?
    I can confirm I too am being NATed since I installed SSH service onto the phone. I am assuming they may be detecting the open 222 port. Maybe we need to change the port? Just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by gossamer23 View Post
    Hi, you can see this via /sbin/ifconfig if you have root'ed your pre, or there are a few apps that make it easier (MyIP is the one I use).

Anyone else on Bell who has MyIP installed, can you confirm if you have a 10.x ip or a public one?
    Ok, just making sure you were getting the IP from the right place. One the phone, at least on the Sprint version, you can dial ##debug# and scroll down to find the IP address. But if you do that, there are a couple of other number that are formatted like the IP but wouldn't be the ip, so I was just making sure you weren't getting one of those numbers.

Carry on.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by virellek View Post
    I can confirm I too am being NATed since I installed SSH service onto the phone. I am assuming they may be detecting the open 222 port. Maybe we need to change the port? Just a guess.
    Ugh.. I'll give that a try. Maybe change the port and update the iptables rule to only allow connections from a specific source ip.

Anyone else who has a nat'd ip have any luck with getting a public one back?

Seemed incredibly cool having a public ip that you could connect to from anywhere (i.e. being able to connect to your phone remotely and get the gps coordinates to see where it currently is). Really hope Bell keeps this possible.
    Anyone have any luck getting a public IP back? Did they do this for all the Pro phones or just the ones who have installed an SSH utility? Anyone out there with bell still getting a public IP?
  8.    #8  
    I've had no luck so far. Turned off all external ports (had ssh and lighttpd running), left the phone off overnight, to hopefully expire any dhcp leases, but still getting a 10.x ip.

Is anyone getting a public ip at all anymore? Real shame, was one of the features I was most excited about, opens up so many possibilities.
    My proximity sensor is screwed so I'm bringing back my phone and probably will eventually (who knows when) get a new one back so it will be interesting to see what happens with the new one. I'll be sure to hide my SSH port this time around to see what happens.