1.    #1  
    I just installed pre-ware & Virtual keyboard, I have to say that other than copy & paste there is not much else I am needing or missing that the pre isn't delivering on.
    Honestly i'm glad you like the phone, but we need to stop all this iphone killer stuff. As I see it, yes it's clearly the better phone. Still who cares about the iphone, let's drop it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Honestly i'm glad you like the phone, but we need to stop all this iphone killer stuff. As I see it, yes it's clearly the better phone. Still who cares about the iphone, let's drop it.
    As stated "what I believe to be.." in my opinion for my needs I consider the pre just that, it's Linux so based on my criteria it was an iphone killer at launch.

Anyway I am stoked!
    Voice Dial would be nice...
    Glad you like it. Me, personally, i don't need the keyboard

Fix the media player.
    But an iphone is largely an ipod with a phone stuck on it. It's really built on the success of the ipod as a music/video player. Thus Pre needs to make the media player match that of the ipod and it's not that close yet except in looks. navigation is cumbersome. there is sloppy handling of tags, it get's confused by small and capital letters, adding files hasn't really been streamlined cause of this itunes stuff, etc, etc. The reality is the bar is quite high. It's good apps, good experience, good image, etc. I mean could really just list every feature in the ipod and to truly compete we need to do every one of those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    ...it's Linux ...
    I assume you're aware the iPhone OS roots are in FreeBSD- another Unix-like OS ... just like the Pre.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I would not call the Pre the iPhone killer.

I much prefer to call it the iPhone MOLESTER .