Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    sorry about this but i'm new to homebrew and i can't remember if this was covered. simply, do i need to remove file coaster before installing a new (and hopefully soon coming) update from palm?
    thanks for any help and if you wanna call me a newbie or lazy for not finding this answer that is surely out there somewhere that's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    sorry about this but i'm new to homebrew and i can't remember if this was covered. simply, do i need to remove file coaster before installing a new (and hopefully soon coming) update from palm?
    thanks for any help and if you wanna call me a newbie or lazy for not finding this answer that is surely out there somewhere that's ok.
    No. But you would have to take off any tweaks you may have done using WebOSQuickInstall.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    No. But you would have to take off any tweaks you may have done using WebOSQuickInstall.
    ... and any patches you're applied by hand (well, editor) and/or via quilt.
    All tweaks and patches need to be removed from the phone before Palm updates.
    what happens if you don't?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Is it that the existence of patches and tweaks prevents the Palm update from happening? Or is it just that those patches and tweaks get overwritten by the update, so you have to do them again afterward?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Also, I removed the tweak option to add more pages but left my page count at four. Do I need to re-install the option, remove the extra page, and then remove the add pages option before installing a new update?
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    You don't need to take them off they will be taken off by palm automatically, haha
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I think it depends on the update. I don't believe each update updates the whole Pre filesystems. It may just update certain files, and the patches can have adverse interaction with the update.

As you recall, 1.02, 1.03, and 1.04 were relatively small compare to 1.10. Even 1.10, I don't believe changed all of the Pre files.

I think it's always a good ideal to uninstall the patches prior to updating.
    Here is a question. Does doing a full erase remove patches and tweaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Here is a question. Does doing a full erase remove patches and tweaks?
    Nope. Gotta either A. Remove via Quickinstall the same way you installed them or with the patch remover work around from the pre patch wiki or

B. Visit the WebOSDoctor.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    appreciate it!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Has anyone that got the 1.2 update have the extra pages in launcher tweak. Did it effect this. If it did not, why would i have to take it off? If i take it off and the update changes this will i loose my icons? What happens to them? Do they get pushed to the three original pages? Should I move all my icons to first 3 pages so I do not loose my icons?

Sorry, I am new at this. I did do a search and this is the only page to come up that seems to ask questions about this tweak and is not 100 pages long and talks about something completely different for 99 of those pages.