1.    #1  
    This happened for the first time today. My work van was off and my touchstone was charging my Pre. I went into a customer's house, and when I came back out I had 2 missed phone calls, and 4 new emails. The phone was HOT as HELL and was not charging even though the icon was showing that it was. When I took the phone off the TS, the icon still showed charging. I had to reset the phone, and everything went back to normal.

Is there a chance that getting a message or a phone call threw the phone into some weird charging problem.

I did also notice the other day that I came out from a job the other day and my wife was saying HELLO....HELLO through the speakerphone. My Pre decided that it wanted to talk to her I guess. It was on the TS at that time too.

Is my Pre possessed?
    I likey take apart thingies....
  2.    #2  
    Anyone.....anyone.....Beuller......Beuller.....
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Were you using Nav? Or streaming a podcast? Both make my Pre get warm on the touchstone, and if it's sitting in the sun it's going to get hotter, and when it gets really hot it does freaky things.
  4.    #4  
    Neither....phone was just sleeping on the TS
    i cant figure it out.. if i leave my phone on and charging on TS.. i'll wake up next morning and it'll be dead (red battery thingy)

i have to put it in airplane mode and charge it on the TS.. otherwise that happens

i dont know if its emails, notifications, or what..

the clock always shows up so i know its charging..

its really weird.. hate having to put it in airplane mode every night
    This happened for the first time today. My work van was off and my touchstone was charging my Pre.

PowerByte - How are you charging it in your Work Van? Do you have it on the Cig Lighter or do you have an Invertor in the Van?

Because as far as I'm aware the Touch Stone is only supposed to used while running 110 current, not thru a computer USB or Cig Lighter!!!
    Also if you have it charging on th TS and you have things set to vibrate, sometime the vibrations will move it off the sweet spot on charging and it will start to drain.
  8.    #8  
    Its only when phone calls or notifications come on....TS has been on oem car charger for a while with no problem...dunno why it's happening now.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    this has happen to me in the car and at home on the ts. Other post said it was because of the seidio extend battery. So I am testing that theory now and using my stock battery
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    this has happen to me in the car and at home on the ts. Other post said it was because of the seidio extend battery. So I am testing that theory now and using my stock battery
    I've got the Seidio battery in my Pre and my wife has the stock battery in hers and I haven't seen this particular issue on either of them.

I have noticed that when my Sprint car charger is exposed to direct sunlight on a really hot day it will sometimes freak and go on and off supplying charge to the TS. When the sunlight comes off it goes back to normal.