1.    #1  
    I love the pre but need a calendar that is faster with more functions. I paid $28 for datebk6 and loved it. I would pay the same or more for the same function here. I suspect many others would also based upon this forum. Please help!
    Have you tried loading that in classic and seeing if its compatible. I use a lot of my old Palm apps in classic.
    Datebk is on classic. I'm still on the fence for paying for a calendar app on a palm smartphone. Hopefully palm will update the calendar. Have you tried creating a reoccuring monthly event ie rent due, its a nightmare
    Man, I would pay to have Clie Organizer like app on the Pre. I want that app so bad. I love how it mimics the paper organizers with the tabs and how you can scribble items, add audio/images/notes to the calendar page for any reference materials. Thats only reason why I still haven't fully dumped my TH55.
    The Clie calendar sounds impressive. Funny thing I always wanted one of those but never bought one. I recall not seeing to many people with them back then. Bad thing about sony is the make a lot of devices but then scrap the entire line after a few years
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    The Clie calendar sounds impressive. Funny thing I always wanted one of those but never bought one. I recall not seeing to many people with them back then. Bad thing about sony is the make a lot of devices but then scrap the entire line after a few years
    Oh it was great. I still love it the organizer. Only if Sony still stayed in the game, I always loved their Clie Line. Yeah, that was a bad thing of sony making tons of devices within a year, really hurts the wallet. If they only released one a year, they would have been fine.
    I too would love to have the functionality of DateBk6 on my Pre. Actually, not even all the functionality. I miss the different views, snooze alarm options, recurring events and link features.

On the otherhand, I won't run it in Classic. Classic is horribly slow to launch and doesn't use the full screen. Plus, I do not want to give up the Pre's awesome integration with Google Calendar and the ability (via gSyncit's Outlook plugin) to sync contacts and multiple calendars with Outlook.

I'll pay for a new and improved calendar app, but not if I lose some of the new features the Pre/Google Calendar integration offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It's funny how Sony missed the boat twice to Apple. The Clie had a big gorgeous screen and multimedia. It had a better chance of becoming an iPhone than any Palm device but they gave up on it. They also failed to see that a little hard drive could turn a Walkman into a music player.
    I agree. I always thought the next progression for the Clie was a smartphone. They always improved so much on the PalmOS. I really think they missed the boat, but I think they probably thought we weren't ready for an all-in-one device and they may have been correct. There have been a few devices that came out before the mass public was ready, only to have Apple release it at just the right time in a better package and it becomes a household name. ie, iPod, iPhone

Archos had a hard drive MP3 player a few years before the iPod
    Nokia had the 710 internet tablet, that has a decent amount of the same features the Touch has, came out a couple years earlier.
    Last edited by caseyatbt; 09/02/2009 at 04:06 PM.