1.    #1  
    How does it compare? The Treo Pro was a bit of a learning curve for me so I'm hoping it won't be a huge jump to the Pre. I do a lot of texting so I'm hoping it will be okay.
    Coming from a palm treo 700 with the more blackberry like keyboard, I actually kinda like the pre's keyboard. It's sticky.. has texture.. is spaced apart well enough for me and I rarely make mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    How does it compare? The Treo Pro was a bit of a learning curve for me so I'm hoping it won't be a huge jump to the Pre. I do a lot of texting so I'm hoping it will be okay.
    To me, the slight curve makes all the difference in the world. The treo pro did not have this curve which is why I like the Pre keyboard even better. Other than that the curve and a slight spacing difference, they are very similar. You won't have a problem adjusting.
    I am liking the Pre keyboard more each day.

When we get the onscreen keyboard that will be great not to have to open the keyboard to type in a contact name, etc.

Jason has said that he will include it in webOS Quick Install when they have it solidified.

Best of both worlds.

- Craig
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info;. I'm thinking of picking one up this weekend. The only thing holding me back is the lack of eReader Pro. It's my most used and fav app. I know I can spend the $30 for classic, but seems a lot to use for one free app.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Thanks for the info;. I'm thinking of picking one up this weekend. The only thing holding me back is the lack of eReader Pro. It's my most used and fav app. I know I can spend the $30 for classic, but seems a lot to use for one free app.
    No. Classic was well worth it.

I am sure that you have other Treo apps as well.

Wait until you are downloading all of the Homebrew Apps!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    No. Classic was well worth it.

I am sure that you have other Treo apps as well.

Wait until you are downloading all of the [COLOR="Blue" ]Homebrew Apps[/COLOR]!

- Craig
    Would you shut up!

I don't want a Pre!
    I'm happy with my Pro.

You're making me want one... NOooo...

Self-Control.. I pray for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I am not rooted but followed the instructions here:

On-Screen Virtual Keyboard is a Go for Mere Mortals, Here's How To Install It

It works!

- Craig
    You have a Palm Pre Non-Rooted running this On-Screen keyboard?
    I gotta give the nod to the Pre over the Pro as well. The pre is a bit funny inititially but after a couple of days I adjusted. I am down right fast on it now. It is a touch small but I think that actually makes it quicker.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2