Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevodadevo View Post
    I had no idea the carriers kept a copy. That's a little scary...
    LOL, you didn't get the memo that we're now living in a total surveillance police state?

New memo... "It's only going to get worse."

Cheers
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Actually, from what I understood, the carriers DO NOT log texts for privacy reasons.
    YES they do You can thank the unPatriot Act and other government intrusions into your personal privacy for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamryn View Post
    YES they do You can thank the unPatriot Act and other government intrusions into your personal privacy for that.
    Can you please point me to where these are logged/stored? Everything I search for seems to show that they do not, and/or are not required to store these.

Also, when I have asked Sprint before, they have told me that would be too difficult to store all that information.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i cant find them either, for one that's a ton of info to be stored on your phone (even if you tried to delete it.)
    im sure its going to be a priority on a software update or hope so rather.
    Funny, I want the opposite of you guys... I WANT my phone to keep all my conversations--forever... I wish I could search through them, is all.

Every time I flash my phone or swap one out, I carry over all the text messages. I have every text I ever sent on my WM phones on dashwire.com, and I hope I can eventually get all these on there too.

I can't count the number of times I've needed to find some information in a text somewhere.
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Can you please point me to where these are logged/stored? Everything I search for seems to show that they do not, and/or are not required to store these.

Also, when I have asked Sprint before, they have told me that would be too difficult to store all that information.
    Here's some food for thought: Anything you type anywhere on the internet, on your phone, or any email you send, is most likely stored somewhere. That doesn't mean that it's being kept because someone's secretly plotting against you necessarily, just that in the digital age, there's always a record of any transaction you make whether you're informed about it or not, and don't assume that it all gets deleted and wiped away once you're done with it.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation has been monitoring this type of thing since 1990 and as you might expect the implications are becoming more vast as your information is quite valuable to all sorts of different advertisers, insurers, employers, etc.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I swipe to delete and search and its there. I search again and its gone...lol wierd

Also, One time I had a contact picture, but I deleted it from my photos area cuz my friend wanted to checkout the pre. The picture was deleted from teh album, but not the contact. So to get rid of the contact picture I just added another pic to override the current one.
    Phone companies can track/copy/store your text messages and they do it all the time.

If law enforcement, with a court order, wants copies of your text messages... they can get them... every single word you've ever sent in a text... beginning with the date of the court order.

I'm not too sure if they can go into your past, but anything is possible.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12