Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I'm the proud owner of a brand new Pre in Canada (got it 8am on release day yesterday!) and their warranty policy is pretty wild:

Warranty on defective phones goes as far as 30 days OR one minute of talk time. Yes, one minute. Needless to say I've gone over one minute--not by much, though.

I want to exchange this for another phone, as my screen is freakin' wobbly as sin when closed. If I hold it sideways and look at it, I can see between the two parts of the phone (the front slider part and the back). It actually sits out, when I press down on the touch screen--specifically the battery/wifi area), I can feel it pushing in. The amount of play is pretty heavy for my liking--but I'm the kind of person who likes to play with a loose tooth out of habit.

Is there any way at all to reset the talk time by rooting the Pre, or some other method? Any help on this would be awesome.

Thanks guys!
    Open dialer type ##786# scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see reset. I believe that will do what you need. But I may be wrong.
    my lifecalls says 034205 - does that mean 3hrs 42mins and 5 seconds?

lifetimer says 000884 - whats that supposed to mean? 884 hours?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
    Open dialer type ##786# scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see reset. I believe that will do what you need. But I may be wrong.
    Well that seems a bit iffy, hmm.

Has anyone tried pushing on that little reset button yet?
    Don't you have the option of returning it and re-purchasing?

That is, don't return it as defective, just return it under a 30 day return policy for a refund?

Might be a bit of a pain, but if you're unhappy with the unit you have...