Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    And why that day, specifically? First, Palm said it would be near the end of summer (Sept. 22nd) and secondly:

Aug 26, 2009, 5:35 p.m. EST
    Palm Announces Q1 FY 2010 Results Conference Call Details

SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug 26, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Palm, Inc. (PALM 13.35, +0.10, +0.76%) today said it will announce its first-quarter fiscal year 2010 financial results on Thursday, Sept. 17, shortly after 4 p.m. Eastern (1 p.m. Pacific), followed by a conference call for the public at 4:30 p.m. Eastern (1:30 p.m. Pacific). The conference call will be hosted by Jon Rubinstein, chairman and chief executive officer, and Doug Jeffries, chief financial officer.

Palm Announces Q1 FY 2010 Results Conference Call Details - MarketWatch
    Nothing like already having the public's hear to announce the grand-opening of your apps store! Betcha you'll also see a plethora of new apps, too.
    What does them announcing their financial results have to do with them launching the wide-scale app catalog?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    What does them announcing their financial results have to do with them launching the wide-scale app catalog?
    Um, you did read what I wrote both before and after the boxed quote, no?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    That's a pretty good theory! But I think they might announce it a few days before that, like on Monday the 14th. That way they can stretch out the publicity over a longer period of time.
    i betting September 4th
    A lot of the past updates came out Friday night
    HTC Hero will be on Sprint mid September. I will be looking at it if things don't progress here. We live in an ADD world, and Palm is boring me. Palm, your not friggin Apple. Its OK to let users know what's going to be fixed.
    Agreed.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreznicek View Post
    That's a pretty good theory! But I think they might announce it a few days before that, like on Monday the 14th. That way they can stretch out the publicity over a longer period of time.
    The publicity gets stretched over a longer period when its associated with the earnings conference call as all of Wall St. is listening and watching and then later they're all commenting on what they heard.

I'm sticking with the 17th with one caveat and that is during the conference call they announce the grand opening for Friday morning the 18th.

The next bet ought to be how many apps do you think will be in the grand opening? We're up to what now...45, if you include the temp demos (bet they go live and in full then). I'll bet there will be double that, like a nice round figure of 100 or maybe a non-round figure like 108, just so they can say "With over 100 apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Um, you did read what I wrote both before and after the boxed quote, no?
    Not at all. Actually, most of the time I get so ahead of myself I don't even read the post before I reply.

Yes I read it. And again I ask the same question.
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    HTC Hero will be on Sprint mid September. I will be looking at it if things don't progress here. We live in an ADD world, and Palm is boring me. Palm, your not friggin Apple. Its OK to let users know what's going to be fixed.
    Latest greatest coolest hottest... I don't think it sounds like you were ever the right match fof the Pre...
    Yawn. I didint know keeping up with the times was such an issue. It sounds like your just the right fit for the Pre.

This awesome phone says I have too many cards open, when I only have one. I guess this resets for you lemming.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This awesome phone says I have too many cards open, when I only have one. I guess this resets for you lemming.
    Sounds like the iPhone you've always wanted. You can only run one app at a time. I've got 10 loaded right now. Must be an OE between the phone and the floor.

restart ur phone :-P
    What we probably will see on that day is a figure on how many Pre's have actually been sold.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Latest greatest coolest hottest... I don't think it sounds like you were ever the right match fof the Pre...
    agreed!!
    Actually if you check out Sprintusers and PPCGeeks it looks like the Hero is now slated for Oct. 11 (which we all know Sprint could push that back as well)
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I would venture to say that with all the steam that the homebrew apps are getting. The apps store will be release with close to 200 apps waiting for our eager download. The real curiosity will be if any of the apps are going to be worth having.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreznicek View Post
    Sounds like the iPhone you've always wanted. You can only run one app at a time. I've got 10 loaded right now. Must be an OE between the phone and the floor.

Weak! I have had iPhone in the past but got tired of AT&T. I wont get in the way of you making excuses for Palm. Please feel free to continue to do so, as it looks like you have friends that drink the same Kool-Aid.

Palm needs to fix key aspects of the phone.

1 Phone App
    2 Music App
    3 Memory Management
    4 CPU Management / = Better Battery Life

Im not even going to get into the long list of others. Those listed above are mandatory now!

And well with the App store, it will be Pre 2.0 before we see anything amazing.

iPhone is a good balanced device. It has an awesome App store filled with good and bad. Everyone stating it is full of garbage needs to remember. "One mans trash is anothers treasure." The lack of multitasking, stale interface and AT&T. These are my main issues with the iPhone.

However, WebOS has potential that is being crippled by its own creators. I find that it is a more enjoyable interface, but it has more issues than you care to admit or realize.

HTC Hero is not the best either. The browser is really quirky and the app store is truly full trash. Although, HTC has shown an updated ROM that eliminates the lag and improves memory management and battery performance. I don't like the buttons and the form factor, but if it works fluidly for my needs, why not give it a shot?

You have outed yourself as a blind Palm fanboy. Unfortunately, with this attitude Palm will never get a clue.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    MAVEN, I've used WinMo, Android, and Palm. I've sat down with a buddy who has an iPhone and we compared our phones for several hours.

He's getting a Pre.

The Pre does everything I need it to do right now. Battery life? I will have an Amzer 2800 on Monday. Problem solved.

The Pre's been out a couple months. So what? They haven't crippled anything. It's an emerging OS against established OS's that have been out for a long time. You're *****ing about an OS that has been out since June?! That's moronic. I've used WinMo since CE came out. And it has sucked for that long. The iPhone is as closed as it get's. Android? The next best to the palm. I don't care if you like it or not, but stating it sucks because YOU can't run more than 1 card is just ignorant. Show me an OS, and I can show you one app that can bring it down. Its the nature of software to have bugs with memory leaks. EVERY OS has this same problem because the "apps" can be badly written and the OS can't do much about bad code. Your snide remark shows you as a fanboi of "*****ing about non perfection". People like palm, google, microsoft, or apple look at your comments as a whiner and dismiss them.

So reboot you phone, figure out which app is causing the leak and get in touch with the Dev. You *****ing is like **** in the wind. All that happens is you get it on yourself.
    WinMo is garbage. It always has been. I don't think anyone was shocked there. I am glad your buddy is getting a Pre. It helps spread out the competetion.

If you read the boards, the reset issues are not isolated. Even thought the phone has been out for a few months, you would think Palm would have done better debugging. They have had the OS far longer than a few months. Thinking of the iPhone, I did find 1.0 bland. However, I did not have to reboot it or have the sluggish problem that WebOS has. Period. That was 1.0 Three years ago.

BTW, I look forward to your Amzer 2800 review. Please take pictures of the two back plates next to each other.
    Last edited by maven1975; 08/28/2009 at 10:11 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast