Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK so jump on if you must but I have not heard of this anywhere, please delete if everyone knows this.

I was in the Sprint store yesterday and the rep told me that Palm was releasing a download for video recording. He said you would NOT get it on your phone as an update. But he was told that you would go to the Palm site download something and video would be enabled on the Pre. I asked him 3 times if he was sure and he said YES, YES, YES! Anybody heard of anything like this??

Kinda weird right?

-Tom
    I haven't heard of it. It is definitely kind of weird that Palm would not include this as an update - get the feature out to all users to help sell their product.
    Nope, nope not heard of it. But with all the development going on here in homebrew I'm sure it will be here sooner rather then later even if Palm takes some time.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    i did heard about this i forget where tho
    maybe they want it in the app catalog so people have the chose if they want it or no.
    some people dont use video recording and that app would just take up space
    that is a very valid point War. i dont use it. and if i could just download it and use it then delete it as i needed would be great.
    But what type of quality would the video recorder have?
    Wouldnt it just take up space in the ROM? I'd rather it be built in than be an app and waste space the limited App space we already have.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Releasing it as a downloadable app instead of tying it to a specific phone update is pretty slick idea, if it's ready to ship but the phone update isn't.

Besides wasting flash space for those who don't need to shoot videos, there are also some strict security requirements regarding cameras in certain occupations. When I had to go in for jury duty, they inspected everyone's cell phones at the front door metal detectors. If it had a camera inside, it was confiscated until the end of the day. Some phone manufacturers even make models of their phones with the camera removed for this very reason.

I wonder if there would be a niche market for Pre back covers that don't have a camera lens opening?????
    Changed thread title to reflect thread content so hopefully you will get more replies.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Wouldnt it just take up space in the ROM? I'd rather it be built in than be an app and waste space the limited App space we already have.
    i meant visual space an icon like the nascar app
    I just called Palm Support, directly, and in fact they now DO this to be correct.

They told me that the next update, will indeed HAVE a Video Recording feature. It will not be an optional app, but a new feature from the next update.

They also verify it will be within the next 90 days or less

Tick Tock, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I just called Palm Support, directly, and in fact they now DO this to be correct.

They told me that the next update, will indeed HAVE a Video Recording feature. It will not be an optional app, but a new feature from the next update.

Tick Tock, huh?
    90 days!!!
    damn my ADD i can't wait!!!
    ^ wasn't there another rumor that said we would have video recording within 40 days?
    This sound great! Can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    ^ wasn't there another rumor that said we would have video recording within 40 days?
    yes that rumor was about 30 days ago
    so hopefully it will come soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    yes that rumor was about 30 days ago
    so hopefully it will come soon
    Haha my point exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    i did heard about this i forget where tho
    maybe they want it in the app catalog so people have the chose if they want it or no.
    some people dont use video recording and that app would just take up space
    It didn't seem to matter with other things I can't remove like Nascar and NFL apps. Why do they do that? Force an app on you, I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by cagefighter View Post
    It didn't seem to matter with other things I can't remove like Nascar and NFL apps. Why do they do that? Force an app on you, I mean.
    they get money for putting Nascar and the NFL app on our devices not the video app
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Releasing it as a downloadable app instead of tying it to a specific phone update is pretty slick idea, if it's ready to ship but the phone update isn't.

Besides wasting flash space for those who don't need to shoot videos, there are also some strict security requirements regarding cameras in certain occupations. When I had to go in for jury duty, they inspected everyone's cell phones at the front door metal detectors. If it had a camera inside, it was confiscated until the end of the day. Some phone manufacturers even make models of their phones with the camera removed for this very reason.

I wonder if there would be a niche market for Pre back covers that don't have a camera lens opening?????
    I am in need of a back that I can apply that hides the camera! This would be great if Seidio can make an Innocase Surface cover that hides the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post

Tick Tock, huh?
    Patience is a virtue...but those 90 days cannot come fast enough! But then again, in 90 days, we should also have Flash!
    HUH, damn! forgot to remember to ask them that too (Flash)

Oh well guess we can still keep playing with all the amazing toys already available, and adding new ones from the amazing developers here, and messing with images and themes.. certainly plelnty to keep my idle fingers busy in the meantime
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast