Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    If you're eligible for the upgrade or are new to Sprint you can try it for 30 days and if you don't like it you can return it.

I really wanted the TP2, but just can't justify the $350 price tag so I think I'm going to give the Pre a whirl.
    Even if you aren't new and paying full price you still have 30 days to try it.

For me if you're already on Sprint it's a no brainer, buy it. If you aren't, then part of it will depend on how well Sprint works in your area. Remember your phone is only as good as the service provided. Me I'm happy with Sprint, ymmv
  2.    #22  
    But if I use my new upgrade on the Palm Pre and return it will I get the discount from the upgrade again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungarianpop09 View Post
    But if I use my new upgrade on the Palm Pre and return it will I get the discount from the upgrade again?
    I returned the Mogul within 30 days and got my upgrade pricing on a Touch when i exchanged it. It's supposed to work that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevodadevo View Post
    I think you should buy it and buy it from here:

Palm Pre (Sprint) | LetsTalk.com

Palm Pre is $299 - $130 instant rebate = $169.99

$169.99 - $8.50 (use code Dtaker for 5% off) = $161.49

Then use Sprint mail in rebate for $100 back - REBATE HERE

Total is $61.49

They are including a free Palm Pre accessory bundle worth $34.99 which includes: Car Charger, Screen Protector, Bluetooth Headset and a Clear Case

Will that discount procedure with if you're purchasing a family plan (Everything Data Family 1500) ? I'm new to Sprint, or will be in a mere week or so.
    Only the first one is $169.99 the second one is $249.99. Now Steveo, are you sure that you can get the $100 rebate on top of those prices? It makes no mention of that on their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Only the first one is $169.99 the second one is $249.99. Now Steveo, are you sure that you can get the $100 rebate on top of those prices? It makes no mention of that on their site.
    Well I'd only want a Pre. The family plan would at first be by brother and I and he'd only want something like a SANYO SCP-2700, for txt and talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    Well I'd only want a Pre. The family plan would at first be by brother and I and he'd only want something like a SANYO SCP-2700, for txt and talk.
    Use Steveo's link but choose family plan on the plan selector it will automatically ask you to add a second phone afterwards. I'm not to sure about the extra $100 from Sprint though. Plus you may end up finding that the second phone only gets a $50 discount from Sprint's pre (not the phone but the word) $100 rebate price so for both phones you may be better off at a Sprint store or Best buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Use Steveo's link but choose family plan on the plan selector it will automatically ask you to add a second phone afterwards. I'm not to sure about the extra $100 from Sprint though. Plus you may end up finding that the second phone only gets a $50 discount from Sprint's pre (not the phone but the word) $100 rebate price so for both phones you may be better off at a Sprint store or Best buy.
    Yeah. $30 is nice to get knocked off, but I wanna use the phone ASAP after I buy it. Heh. So Best Buy it is.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Do it, do it.
    I love my Pre so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    Yeah. $30 is nice to get knocked off, but I wanna use the phone ASAP after I buy it. Heh. So Best Buy it is.
    Well remember the first phone gets an extra $30 over the Sprint $100, but the second phone gets $50 under the Sprint $100 (even if it's not a Pre) so that's a net loss of $20, and you don't have the NOW factor or the ability to return it to a local store. I highly suggest getting the Sprint TEP added, not the best buy black tie insurance.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    if you email and text alot......i say go for a curve.
    it has a much better keyboard!
    Yeah, I'm definitely still thinking about it for today after work.

Let me get this straight though, I am eligible for an upgrade at sprint. I can buy it and return it within 30 days if I don't like it and get a full refund? Also I have a question about everyone's service reception. I live in CT anyone else?

what i did was bill it to my account. i dont have a limit so i could do that. if i liked it i payed it off. if i didnt i returned it and got the credit back to my account and no money out of pocket
  13.    #33  
    Yeah I really like the keyboard so typing on it isn't really a problem once I actually get used to it I will be even better.

So I checked went in today to check the plan, I assumed that I was going to pay an extra 30 dollars on my current plan. I guess I actually have to pay 60$ extra for the current plan I am already on. Also I will probably wait until next week so I won't get Pro rated or whatever they call it.

Also I have a question what is everyones favorite feature on the pre and one thing that you wish the PRE had that other phones have.
    Favorite feature: multitasking

What I wish it had: the epocrates app, second after that is better copy and paste
    Also I have a question what is everyones favorite feature on the pre and one thing that you wish the PRE had that other phones have.
    There a re several other existing threads alomg those lines so I suggest you review those for inputs. One can be found at http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ishes-pre.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12