webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Anyone using MyFax (Protus) Internet Faxing?
Anyone using MyFax (Protus) Internet Faxing?

Old 08/27/2009, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

When I receive my emails with the PDF attachment of the fax, the Pre's email apple doesn't recognize the PDF attachment. It does show the inline preview image.

Anyone else having problems with email attachments? Any suggestions on determining if this is a flaw in Pre's email parsing app or MyFax's email encoding?

Thanks!
summitscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2009, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitscout View Post
When I receive my emails with the PDF attachment of the fax, the Pre's email apple doesn't recognize the PDF attachment. It does show the inline preview image.

Anyone else having problems with email attachments? Any suggestions on determining if this is a flaw in Pre's email parsing app or MyFax's email encoding?

Thanks!
Hi summitscout, I work at Protus (MyFax). If you want to get in touch with me, we can help identify the issue with the Pre. mcerullo[-AT-]protus.com.888.733.0000.x766

I look forward to speaking with you.
mcerullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: logie
Old 06/15/2010, 11:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcerullo View Post
Hi summitscout, I work at Protus (MyFax). If you want to get in touch with me, we can help identify the issue with the Pre. mcerullo[-AT-]protus.com.888.733.0000.x766

Hi mcerullo,
I was reviewing the myfax post on the forum and was wondering what solution you have for viewing attachments on my Palm Pre sent to my email account via MyFax.
thank you,
mhamel523
mhamel523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2010, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

I previously worked with Mark to get the issue resolved. Recently, it became a problem again. I just haven't taken the time to contact them again until now.
Old 07/27/2010, 03:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

I don't use MyFax but I don't have a problem with Onesuite Fax email attachments. So what was the problem on your end? What was the solution?
Zed350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2011, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcerullo View Post

Hi Mark I left you a voicemail...i am having the very same issue not able to see pdf faxes within my mobile email application...it loos as if you were able to resolve...could you please post the necessary steps to resolve? Many Thanks!

Wayne
wbarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2011, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Here's the Fix....If you:turn off the first page preview WEBOS will handle the faxes as pdf without issue:

wbarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/04/2011, 02:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Not being able to see the preview image in the email doesn't seem to affect my ability to view the pdf attachment on the Pre.
Old 05/28/2012, 06:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Why MyFax? As far as I know they have problems in many fields. At least majority of my friends use Popfax.com and are satisfyed with it. I mean, it's not so easy sometimes to find a relevant fax service and I'm not sure MyFax is the best one
Viksn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 04:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

A word of caution: Myfax does not allow you to fax out to 1-800 or 1-888 numbers in Canada, even if you are in Canada. You won't find this little problem anywhere. Their suggested resolution - call the company and ask them for a local fax number.
Thanks.

JCG
JayCGold is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0