View Poll Results: How often do you polish your Pre?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every time I pick it up

25 19.53%
  • A couple of times per day

37 28.91%
  • When the screen gets too smudgy

58 45.31%
  • Never

8 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I find myself wiping the Pre a lot with my shirt! How often do you wipe off all those greasy finger smudges?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    thats a loaded question.
    Every single time I pick up my phone, I'm finding myself wiping it with my shirt haha.
    I try and take the finger grease off the screen every few days. I'm afraid if I don't the screen will start to discolor and get cloudy.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I polish my pre a few times a week. Usually in the mornings.
    I first wash my hands, until they bleed. I then put my Pre in my Vice and buff it with my car buffer. I apply atleast 3 coats of wax front and back, then I wash my hands again until bones are exposed. I have added a string to my Pre as well because like the soap in the shower, i drop it.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Bought some micro fiber cloths for the sole purpose of Pre-polishing. I do it daily; can't help it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    oh brother
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    oh brother
    LOL
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Never. Now it's so ugly with smudges that people think it's an iphone. Ok I'm lying.
    All of the time. Could you imagine someone like Howie Mandell with OCD trying to keep
    all of the smudges off. Wait that's me.
    quack
    I use the Invisible shield, I only have to wipe off some small smudges every time I need to answer my phone after eating or drinking a nice condensation covered beverage. Other than that no smudges really.

Funny Guy!
    I have Phantom Skinz over it. so not that much
    I have a detailed service that comes out to my job site twice a day. When I get to work and when I leave work.
    spitshine!!!!!
    When I was young and in my prime,
    I polished my Pre all the time,
    but now that I am old and gray,
    I only do it once a day.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    I use the Invisible shield, I only have to wipe off some small smudges every time I need to answer my phone after eating or drinking a nice condensation covered beverage. Other than that no smudges really.
    I usually cover my devices with the Invisible Shield, but after hearing Dieter say he puts his naked Pre in his pocket with his keys, I figured this device doesn't need one.

Does the shield wrap around the edges or just stay on the flat front? I imagine it would be tough to get it to wrap around smoothly, but likely where you need protection if you drop it. The local Sprint tech dropped his and it chipped off the bottom corner of the front slider!

BTW OCDers, don't forget the mirror around back!
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    2nd that, hardly ever have to wipe off with invisible shield
    I can totally relate...
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Never because I don't feel the need anymore. But when I was younger I used to buff the blackberry a couple times a week.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast