View Poll Results: Would You Download An App Without A Trial Version?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes as long as it looked professional.

4 8.00%
  • Yes if it was previously/is available in the homebrew gallery.

4 8.00%
  • Maybe Depending on price.

9 18.00%
  • Maybe

5 10.00%
  • No, I need to try before I buy.

28 56.00%
  1.    #1  
    So I ask, would you buy an app from the catalog without a trial version?
    Silly question. Go look at apple's app store..
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Silly question. Go look at apple's app store..
    Hmmm... How do we get there on a Pre?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Oh i'm sure you have itunes..lol
    depends on the app and the extent of the information available to help me decide whether I like it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Hmmm... How do we get there on a Pre?
    It's easy, just browse to a movie app and you will get a huge list of things that you either can or can't purchase just by seeing a preview.

Peace.
    No for most apps unless I know its good
    With all the bad products that "look" good, I know I definitely want to try it first.
    He didn't ask what you want, but if you'd buy one without a trial. And the easy answer is..of course you would. Apple has proven this pretty convincingly. Poll isn't needed.
    Yes, here is another dilemma. I went to the store and didn't know if I should buy the grapefruit. Just looking at it didn't give me much insight into what the core looked like.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    My answer is maybe: it would depend upon the usefulness to me of the app and the reviews by others. Price would be a factor, but again.. if it was useful then I would be inclined to purchase it.
    This is where the iTunes store reigns king. Price most apps at .99 or 2.99 most, people are willing to roll the dice. If it's a dud, then oh well.

Volume sales. Low prices. Impulse purchases.

When you have a large user base, this tactic works and it works very well.

My two cents.

/of course there is always the "lite" version that lures you in. Limited functionality, but you get a real flavor for the app for free. That works well as well.