Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went through 4 Pre's before I was happy with one (blotchy screens). I've obviously read about the "Oreo" affect with the slider. My Pre has always had a little bit of play in the slider but I suspected that people complaining about the wobble had it worse than I.

I met somebody else with a Pre and I could not believe the amount of play in the slider. He said when the phone vibrates it rattles the slider. I feel pretty lucky now not to have one that is that bad.

I can not believe Palm released a product with that type of hardware issue. I hope anyone with that problem has it resolved.
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hello guys, i will be picking up a pre at bell store and i was wondering how can i check for so-called "oreo" effect and what is it at all?
    Sorry but what exactly is the point of this post? You felt the need to create a thread to say "wow it sucks for those guys"?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken02 View Post
    Sorry but what exactly is the point of this post? You felt the need to create a thread to say "wow it sucks for those guys"?
    So this is your first post and your playing thread cop already?

The point of this thread is to talk about the Palm Pre because I am on the Palm Pre message board. Next time don't click on the title of the thread unless it is useful to you I suppose.
    There is no spoon
  5.    #5  
    You will know....trust me. I just started a thread on how I couldnt believe how much play the slider had with the "Oreo" affect
    There is no spoon
    Dip it in some milk and see if it makes it taste better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    So this is your first post and your playing thread cop already?

The point of this thread is to talk about the Palm Pre because I am on the Palm Pre message board. Next time don't click on the title of the thread unless it is useful to you I suppose.
    Thread count =/ meaningful posts. I clicked on the thread because I thought you had something useful to say (ie a fix). I was wrong, and wanted to know why you posted the thread. Your reply proves that it didn't really have a purpose.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thread cop........LMAO...ha
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken02 View Post
    Thread count =/ meaningful posts. I clicked on the thread because I thought you had something useful to say (ie a fix). I was wrong, and wanted to know why you posted the thread. Your reply proves that it didn't really have a purpose.
    I was speaking to the people I have been on this message board with for a long time about how I just saw how bad the Oreo affect really was for the first time after reading about it for many months. Hence the title "I just saw my first Oreo Pre" and not "Here's how to fix an Oreo Pre"

I appreciate you trying to teach me message board etiquette. Thank you
    There is no spoon
    ummm twist it and if it opens up to reveal sweet creamy white stuff inside then you have an official oreo!!...after that its your choice to bite off the cream filling or lick it off...
    Some people just look for reasons to complain. Being a thread cop is just another outlet

If you don't like something then don't read it. If you already read it, move on and get over it.
    <<merged - similar content>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Oh boy...here come the a-hole wolves/crazy fanbois to bite your head off for remotely downing the pre...good luck...didn't you know that you're not allowed to say anything bad about their god?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    <<merged - similar content>>
    Jeez berdinkerdickle, who do you think you are merging threads and removing posts, you some kinda Thread COP?

wait wait wait.

Is this an Oreo thread???

I didn't think we had enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    Thread cop........LMAO...ha

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I have to agree with thunder although he could used a different tone in making his point. If you saw it take a picture or something, your words are just that words. Like with so many other post I've try to picture what's happening, give us a link or a picture. I would have found away to capture something tangible if its really as bad as you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0xel View Post
    Hello guys, i will be picking up a pre at bell store and i was wondering how can i check for so-called "oreo" effect and what is it at all?
    You might not notice it for a little while. I would say mine developed after about a week or so. (of normal sliding)

The way you tell is basically you twist it like an oreo. hold the buttom with you left hand and take your right hand and place your fingers on the sides of the top part. Then give it a slight twist clockwise and see how far it goes

I think I fixed my oreo but slamming it shut and now it has a little lip on the bottom but oreo isnt as noticeble
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I jumped ship from an Omnia HD and was a little hesitant at first after going through these forums. That and paying 800 bucks for the Omnia HD after having it for just 6 weeks. But the pros of WebOS over Symbian and an actual keyboard was reason enough for me to make the switch. The first Pre the salesman had me set up in store had so much play that it actually made the screen flicker every minute or so. He said the amount of play was definitely too much and it contributed to the screen flickering. He brought out a new Pre and it had very little play.
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    Jeez berdinkerdickle, who do you think you are merging threads and removing posts, you some kinda Thread COP?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast