Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, my husband loves his centro and doesn't need/want a pre... I do...

Is there a way that I can get the phone, and he keep his phone? His "time" is up, mine isn't up until December.

Sales person said "he" could get the phone, and transfer it to my number once the rebate check arrived in 1-2 months. He can't give me his number for 2 months. That just won't work for us.

Is there a way that I can convince Sprint to let me get one now?

My husband just doesn't want a new phone. At all.

Hmmm.
    Go to Best Buy or Radio Shack where there is no rebate involved. Then do an ESN swap.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

3.    #3  
    Sweet. Thanks.
    Even at Best Buy we were told that you'd have to keep "his" number on the phone for 30 days before you swapped it over to qualify for the upgrade price.
    I did this with my g/f - she got the Pre, kept it for 30 days, then we swapped. Now she has my old Centro and I have the Pre...better than waiting until I was eligible.
  6.    #6  
    If I have to wait a month, I might as well just wait until December. I'll keep my $200 and see if it is still burning a hole in my pocket then.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Even at Best Buy we were told that you'd have to keep "his" number on the phone for 30 days before you swapped it over to qualify for the upgrade price.
    This is not really true they just make you think so. You can just do the ESN swap from Sprint online. I have done this before and nothing was ever said.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I just did the exact same thing at Best Buy. I wasn't up for a new phone, buy one of my other lines was. I now have a Pre with my phone number
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I did this on Pre release day. Bought it under my wife's number @ Best Buy. Tried to get them to activate it on my number but they gave me the 30 day line. Went home & called Sprint saying I needed to activate a phone - then I re-activated my wife's Treo. A few minutes later, I called up & said I needed to activate a phone again - this time I re-activated the Pre with my number. No problems whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemeeks View Post
    I did this with my g/f - she got the Pre, kept it for 30 days, then we swapped. Now she has my old Centro and I have the Pre...better than waiting until I was eligible.
    Good one, thanks to this kind of behavior the security needs to be monitored.
    I got one from Radio Shack and walked over to Sprint and they switched ESN for me, Radio shack was not happy when I had to swap mine for a different Pre and my old number was in it. But they did it.
  12.    #12  
    Why? We pay for our contract, and we keep our contract. Why does it matter WHO on the bill gets the new phone and WHO gets the old one? They should just switch it without an issue to keep us happy. It doesn't change our contract date of termination, and it doesn't "cheat".

does it cost $$ to switch ESN?

Erika
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I actually used to work for Sprint in retail and can definatley confirm that YES you can do an ESN swap after activation. It often times hurts revenue on the back end for certain stores and causes chargebacks depending on the channel, but it can easily be done. Do they want a happy customer or keep a little profit margin?? Customer for me everytime! A lot of sales reps will have the same attitude if they know that it is possible.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    No. There is no cost to the customer or any adverse side effects to contract. I always ask to be sure on the contract (2yrs) is a long time, but the answer was always no. Good idea to confirm though
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Oh... BTW, definatley want to go somewhere that does not have a mail in rebate. Important piece
    im hoping for one of two things which i think will happen

1. they drop the price to 149 or 99 before xmas

2. they work out all the hardware bugs and most of the software bugs before i buy one at 199

3. they fix everything and drop the price

4. someone buys me one before i get another

5. chuck norris endorses the pre so everyone is forced to get one
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Ruth View Post
    So, my husband loves his centro and doesn't need/want a pre... I do...

Is there a way that I can get the phone, and he keep his phone? His "time" is up, mine isn't up until December.

Sales person said "he" could get the phone, and transfer it to my number once the rebate check arrived in 1-2 months. He can't give me his number for 2 months. That just won't work for us.

Is there a way that I can convince Sprint to let me get one now?

My husband just doesn't want a new phone. At all.

Hmmm.
    Change the numbers now. Wait a few days. Go get the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i
    5. chuck norris endorses the pre so everyone is forced to get one
    I heard that chuck norris didn't like the pre. He round kicked it into space and now it's watching his Karate workouts.
    you can do an online esn swap anytime, no big deal
    just call sprint and ask
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast