1.    #1  
    Picked up my phone at Bell. No line. Walked in, he recognized me and grabbed a phone. Flower style box.Checked for Oreo effect and phone was tight. Battery was at 45%.

Set up the account, transferred old number from Virgin Mobile.
    Set up Palm Profile on phone
    Set up Bell Mobility login info on phone
    All done in store. Was there from about 10:45 until 12:30pm.
    Went fantastic.

Plan is:
    450 min/mnth Local calls
    Unlimited Even/Wkends 6pm-7am
    Fab 10 (10 numbers unlimited text/talk across canada)
    Caller ID
    Voice Mail (25 calls/5 mins/14 days)
    Unlimited Txt Msgs (in/out)
    Unlimited Data
    Complete warranty (drop in toilet I pay $150 to replace)
    Cost is ~$106 before our 5% federal tax (don't pay any other tax where I am).

Bought touchstone ($80) & car charger plug ($40). They price matched the latest Future Shop $100 off accesories so I paid $21 bucks.

Went home at 12:30 (5mins away) and jumped back online using web browser. One 30 sec phone call out and 2 text msgs. Sent a couple of quick emails and downloaded 3 apps. Phone was at 3% batter at 1:30pm.

Closed phone and powered it down. Noticed a bit of a gap by the power button. Took a little bit closer look and the phone has picked up the Oreo twist. Not too bad right now, but it did NOT do that at all at the store. Went back to store.

According to Bell, PALM has instituted a no replacement policy. This supposedly only applies to the PALM PRE. All other store phones have a 30 day policy.
    For Plam, unless the phone is completely DEAD on use in the store, no other phone reason will enact the phone replacement policy. I would have to use my Bell "SmartSaver" warranty to get the phone replaced and if it is deemed a 'defect', I won't have to pay the waver, but it would count against my ability to 'use' the limited amount of 'return' times on the SmartSaver insurance.

Their solution....use it till it breaks or at least a few months to see what other phones come down the line.

Went home attached the touchstone back. Then ignored the touchstone and will be plugging it direct to wall for at least the first few charges.

Still kind of let down from the 'Bell' Experience...
    Last edited by CanadianPre; 08/27/2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Forgot a line or two. :)
    Doesn't Bell have a 30 days to try out or get a refund policy? Kinda negates palm's stance here.
    I have been a bell customer for like 10+ years and I really don't know why I'm still with them, but i pickup my pre today and all is good, , i'm not really sure what the oreo is yet, but in regards to the bell experience, you just have had it! lol bell customer service isn't good, and lets just leave it at that.
  4.    #4  
    @CardFan
    My understanding is that Palm has a zero defect policy. If there is a problem, the phone should be replaced.
    According to Bell, unless that phone is DOA, nothing else matters and falls under your insurance plan coverage...which even if it is a defect, it counts as using your smartplan insurance, just you don't have to pay the deductible.

@ruggs
    Remember the commercials where they twist oreo cookies to pull off the top cookie section to get to the creamy center. Keep your Palm Pre close and twist the phone. Initially is should NOT twist. Mine didn't. After a couple of hours of use...it did. The layers also separate from each other. Just scan youtube for Oreo/Palm Pre type seaches and you will find the info. This forum might even have it. This is a know issue and Palm has taken steps to minimize it.
    Last edited by CanadianPre; 08/27/2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Extra response added...
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Bought touchstone ($80) & car charger plug ($40). They price matched the latest Future Shop $100 off accesories so I paid $21 bucks.
    Do tell me more about this dicount thing please? I just got my Pre from Bell Mobility here in Toronto, so if I can get the TS and car charger for $20.00, hell I'm in.

As for the no return policy....they were telling me the same thing when I was there today despite what the CS rep said on the phone when I set up my plan the other day. I was told that I had 30 days or 30 minutes of phone calls and if I didn't like it I could return it.

Now the people in the store told me that I couldn't return it as a defect, but if I had buyers remorse within the 30 days then I could return it for a full refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post

Now the people in the store told me that I couldn't return it as a defect, but if I had buyers remorse within the 30 days then I could return it for a full refund.
    Exactly. If they give you grief, return it for refund. Repurchase.

Although i'm not sure a bit of oreos is worth the trouble. They're all like that to a degree..its the nature of a slider.
  7.    #7  
    When I bought the phone, I straight up told the rep the following:

1. I could've pre-ordered the Pre at BestBuy. They were willing to give me an in store $50 card for anything other than the use on the Palm Pre itself.

2. The latest FutureShop flyer had a 50% off if you Pre-ordered.

He went online to check what I had said and Futureshop had updated the flyer as a $100 dollars off any accessories.
    I just sent my rep at Bell and e-mail along with the link to Future Shop, so I will see if they get back to me.

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    I just sent my rep at Bell and e-mail along with the link to Future Shop, so I will see if they get back to me.

I will let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Red
    i wanna know too.... i only got 50 bucks discount... hmmm....
    another oreo thread. sweet.
    I don't get it. You buy the phone with no oreo twisting problems... and a few hours later it all of a sudden has an oreo problem? Thats kinda weird. I just got one too but no oreo effect and for some reason I have long battery life.. about 8-9 hours regular use. I'm actually kicking myself for buying an extended battery. Maybe i'm one of the lucky ones.. dunno.
    Should have bought at Future Shop... They have a 30 day, no questions asked, straight exchange policy if there's anything wrong. Haven't specifically tested this with the Pre (waiting until there's a GSM version), but I've done it with other electronics in the past.
    unless the two halves seperate, deal with it until another issue pops up, then return it.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    unless the two halves seperate, deal with it until another issue pops up, then return it.
    Bingo!! I am fairly certain there is supposed to be a little give, i.e. a little oreo to allow for some spring when you slide 'up' with your thumb like they show you how... you do exert a little rotational force on the front half when you open it with the thumb, and I think that is why it flexs a bit.

Just take it easy, and if it really bugs you - do turtle3's fix.
  15.    #15  
    Ok...been using the phone and have decided I'll live with the twisting. Then again if it gets noticeably worse..in it goes.
    I'll probably contact Palm before I do bring up the issue with Bell though. Just to make sure they don't have an 'issue' with the 'defect'.

All in all, still LOVE my Pre.

Now if I could just get my hands on a skin for the phone...lol.
    So just because there is a "twist" you have to replace it? Mine has one too, but what slider phone doesn't have it slightly?
    I convinced a Bell repair tech to send me a replacement, so I don't know that it's impossible...
    Last edited by TheLastOne; 08/31/2009 at 11:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggs View Post
    I have been a bell customer for like 10+ years and I really don't know why I'm still with them, but i pickup my pre today and all is good, , i'm not really sure what the oreo is yet, but in regards to the bell experience, you just have had it! lol bell customer service isn't good, and lets just leave it at that.
    If you watch .

Can an admin fix the vBSEOvBSEOvBSEO $errors$? $And$ $report$ $it$ $as$ $a$ $bug$?
    the "earlier post" URL links to an error page:
    h_t_t_p://forums.precentral.net/!200706!h_t_t_p://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/200706-buying-my-pre-tomorrow-what-should-i-look.html#post1863044
    The link is bad for like 15min then it gets fixed by itself. Really annoying.
    Last edited by T3CK; 09/04/2009 at 11:26 PM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog