Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Verizon

The day Verizon gets the Pre I am switching.

I roam at home and I roam at work in a corporate park where you would think would have a decent signal

I drop calls constantly at both locations and most of the time im in roam

Ridiculous Sprint, even my Mogul was better than this and thats sad
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    Verizon

I roam at home and I roam at work in a corporate park where you would think would have a decent signal

maybe you got a bad pre
    i had the mogul
    the pre has better service
    Sprint would be awesome if they could use all of the Verizon towers and at EV-DO speeds.

If I can't have that, then I would say AT&T because I can talk and do data at the same time with no problem.

Sprint is cheaper and offers "free" navigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    asking a question when you know the answer that will be given is ?? , well it's something
    but it isn't smart or productive....
    Dude, why are you always so negative? I've come across a couple of your posts tonight and all you do is whine about things and berate people for asking a question. Even though you're 14 yrs old, that doesn't excuse it. Get a life...... or maybe some therapy. lol
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Having most recently had TMobile and ATT I can say Sprint has better coverage where I am. Sprint's plans for voice/data are the best value -- perfectly happy with my Pre on the network that it is on - Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    Verizon

I'm waiting for a Verizon Pre as well. I have the Pre on Sprint and I only roam going into the subway and in a couple of other places. Sprint's service is pretty good over here but I have my reasons to be on Verizon.
    I'm on AT&T right now on a first gen iPhone (of which will be jailbroken/unlocked for my mom's 51st birthday in November), and it works but they charge so much for the simplest stuff. My contract ends in just over a week (w00t) and I plan to go Sprint and Palm Pre.

I've been on TMo in the past, and it could have been the crappy phone I had, but the service sucked donkey balls unless I was out in the open i.e. not in a building.
    Last edited by Shiggitay; 08/28/2009 at 04:57 AM. Reason: "Ut"? WTF I meant "it"
    Looks like Verizon Pre is a reality. P101 and P102 show up in Verizon database.
    Possible Palm Pre, Eos, Storm 2, and more revealed in Verizon database
    I've been with AT&T back when it was Bellsouth Wireless. There was no reason for me to switch to Sprint when I knew that the Pre and Eos would be on AT&T in early 2010. I'm patient enough to wait it out. And I'll prolly end up with the EoS as I really don't fancy sliders.

However, I will say that once AT&T created the Iphone data packages the end was near. It'll be the same thing for the Pre and EoS. AT&T's rate of calls initiated but not connected has gotten better but still can improve. Their 3G networks still needs to expand further, which their doing. So I think they're on the right track but they are still expensive right up there with Verizon.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Gotta have CDMA, and reasonable plans. Good national coverage. Good towers. No dropped calls. Better than average customer service (recently anyway)

Oh wait, that's Sprint.
    I "gotta" have unlocked GSM. My phone needs to work in Europe and no I am not willing to carry another phone. I already carry two smartphones, three would be absurd.

That said, I would be happier if all smartphones were available on all carriers.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    For those waiting for the Pre to be on VZW keep in mind that you apparently won't have access to the Palm Catelog as Verizon announced they would create their own catelog for it.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    New around here, huh?

Welcome.

Here's a quick answer and why:

Sprint. Better service (coverage in my area). No dropped calls. Ever. Faster internet.
    Cheaper.

BJ
    Pretty much sums it up for me also.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsie28 View Post
    For those waiting for the Pre to be on VZW keep in mind that you apparently won't have access to the Palm Catelog as Verizon announced they would create their own catelog for it.
    LAME. VRZW needs to die since they always ruin what is good and holy when concerning mobile technology. >_<! FAIL!
    3 weeks ago I would have easily answered that question by saying VZW. But after being on Sprint for 3 weeks I am happy with it...I get good coverage and haven't dropped a call. I was on AT&T for the past 2 years and their service is terrible. I wanted to switch to VZW but decied on Sprint because of the Pre. Happy with my decision so far.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Sprint, internet has out out preformed i think just about everyone i put it up against.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    3 weeks ago I would have easily answered that question by saying VZW. But after being on Sprint for 3 weeks I am happy with it...I get good coverage and haven't dropped a call. I was on AT&T for the past 2 years and their service is terrible. I wanted to switch to VZW but decied on Sprint because of the Pre. Happy with my decision so far.
    I sort of agree and disagree about AT&T. Their service in my area (Boston, MA metro) is fine, but they're too damn expensive. I lost my job about a year ago (I have one again now) and I had to cancel my EDGE data plan. Luckily with the first gen iPhone, which I have had since launch year (got it Sept 7 '07, so my contract is ending soon. YAY) I was able to cancel the data plan. With the iPhone 3G and up I believe you either have the data plan intact, or have no plan and/or phone at all. That's stupid.

So, yeah I'm sorta on the fence with whether I really hate ATT or not. I know for a fact that I'm joining the Sprint bandwagon in early September when my leash with ATT will be cut.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I don't really care but some other option, please. Sprint is now the only major carrier without a signal in Chicago subways.

You mean all 8 minutes of them?

The last thing I want to do if I'm "downstairs" waiting on the L is to be dicking around with my phone. 100% foolproof way to lose it to some bonehead that couldn't get to your wallet or purse.

bj
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    i would agree 100%. i feel like i owe sprint more money the service has been so good. I streamed 96kbps internet radio from houston to livingston without a single dropout. ATT could never do that. In fact i never realized how bad ATT was till i switched over to sprint (previous iphone 3g owner). Sprint dominates in my area. I stream internet radio (and get 3G) in areas that ATT does not.

Plus sprint has 4g before everyone and coming to houston early next year WOOP!

Sprint for the win.
    really? Can't wait, I wonder why it's taking so long, Dallas, and San Antonio already has it in the works, I woulda figured of all cities in Texas H-town woulda been first on the list...
    As a former AT&T customer, I'm much happier w/sprint. I've never used VZW, but I don't like their prices. So count me as a big sprint fan.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    VZW by far has better coverage in MA....my wife and kids are with VZW, and I am with Sprint.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast