Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I saw that Bell commercial with the awesome rotating Google Maps feature that doesn't appear to be on the Sprint version. Now that some of you Canadians have your Pre, does the Google Maps really rotate with the phone???
    no it dosent atm
    Hopefully a S/W is in the works and we'll all see it soon...
    I claim false advertising on Palm until this is implemented.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    How about false advertising from Bell, not Palm
    OT: I love the Canadian people. You guys were so good to us on 9/11. Thank you!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Thats one easy way out of a contract for Canadians!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    OT: I love the Canadian people. You guys were so good to us on 9/11. Thank you!
    Despite the love / hate relationship that our two countries seems to have with one another, there is no doubt in my mind that if in our moment of need the American people would do the same for us.

Thanks shouldn't be required, but it was kind of you to say.

Now as for the Google Maps rotating like in the ads......ummmmm, NOPE.

It is pretty acurate as far as locating goes though, it has me within 15 feet or so of where I really am sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    Despite the love / hate relationship that our two countries seems to have with one another, there is no doubt in my mind that if in our moment of need the American people would do the same for us.
    Nothing but love here my friend. And yes, yes we would.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

It is pretty acurate as far as locating goes though, it has me within 15 feet or so of where I really am sitting.
    Honestly, I think the love/hate relationship mostly comes from our American side over here. A lot of people in this country are complete D-Bags when it comes to taking in other people's lifestyle and their cultures. So yea.. I know what you mean. I happen to love Canada. I've been there 3 times and every single time I went, I didn't encounter a single person that was rude to me for being a foreigner or that was snarky in the way they talked to me. I just wish other visitors to OUR country could get the same respect and hospitality.
    I really don't think there is a love/hate relationship. More like two brothers who like to give each other a hard time! But we really love each other when it comes down to it.

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Apparently, Palm is gearing up the app store for the Canadian release. Saw the Canadian Press Mobile app just released in the app store today.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    The google app does not do that. Bell has promoted something that does not exist at the moment.

On an other note... I'm from Queens N.Y. and I now live in Montreal Canada. I've been living here for the past 4 years and I absolutely love this country. I really do not see a difference in our cultures. Except of course Montreal. Montreal is different from the rest of Canada as well. It's really the only european city of north america. Anyway... I love Canada.