Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    How many of the Homebrew apps do you all think will become official App catalog Apps?
    Probably many more than your 7. Several others not mentioned are in advanced discussion with Palm.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    It is just a matter of time before the catalog explodes with apps. Think about it, what developer wouldn't want access to a hungry market? They know that most of us paid $199 for a phone, likely have some sort of Simply Everything plan....we are the right target market (educated, tech savvy and have money to spend).

If I was a developer, I would be wanting to get on this new app catalog asap. Competition is less, yet the number of Pre owners is continually growing. If I create a new application for WebOS, I have less than 300 applications to compete with (including homebrew and app catalog - very rough estimate). Go to Apple, try competing with 65,000 apps.

I have done Internet Marketing for the past couple of years and I have seen this happen with Apple. If you ever get a chance, go to Scriptlance.com or Elance.com and you'll see that people are having applications developed so they can simply plug them into an app catalog whether it be Blackberry, iPhone and soon WebOS. This is very lucrative for some people, they pay $1,000 to a developer and can easily recoup that at $.99 per download and it only takes 1,000 downloads to make your money back.

The concept is if you are a good developer with a good idea, why not go to WebOS? If you have a great idea for an app, why not pay somebody to develop an app for you? My only hope is that developers and entrepreneurs develop high quality apps and not 64,000 crappy ones.

Your thoughts...
    Explosion would be the word considering they already had hundreds of developers in the early development program which about a month ago they expanded to a thousand developers with a plan to double THAT amount within a short amount of time. So right now they have already said there are thousands of developers already working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    How many of the Homebrew apps do you all think will become official App catalog Apps?

Which ones?

I could see the following becoming App Catalog releases
    • DrPodder ( Prepod)
    • MyNotification
    • Quick Contacts
    • Gdial Pro
    • MediPDA
    • Goto
    • Units
    Quick Contacts and Pack n Track have RC versions out. My guess is you will see them in the app store shortly (or at least once they are pay apps available).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12