1.    #1  
    I No longer get a sound when a text message comes in. I applied messaging sound patch and now I have No TM sounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do however get the tm icon when one arrives.
    Which messaging sound patch?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yeah, I would love to find out the answer to this as well. I have the same problem. I noticed my alert sound still works when I charge the phone, or receive an email. But never for text messages. It used to work, but not since the patch was applied. I used the patch for "MyNotifications"
    I have the same problem...my sounds work fine for everything else (charging battery, phone call, etc.), however do not work for my texts about 90% of the time, it only vibrates. Any idea what we can do?
  5.    #5  
    I think I initially applied this patch(/opt/src/modifications/soundsandalerts/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch) I also noticed this one and could have quite possibly installed this one(/opt/src/modifications/luna/quiet-powerd-messages.patch).
    So today I installed the (/opt/src/modifications/messaging/messaging-sounds.patch) too see if it would fix it and it did not change anything.
    When I check to see what patches I have installed it shows me this:

root@castle:/# quilt applied
    /opt/src/patches/enable-landscape-email.patch
    /opt/src/patches/default-to-month-view.patch
    /opt/src/patches/longer_standby_times.patch
    /opt/src/patches/messaging-enter-newline.patch
    /opt/src/patches/messaging-sounds.patch
    /opt/src/patches/message-forwarding.patch
    /opt/src/patches/state.patch
    /opt/src/patches/radiopower.patch
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLH View Post
    I have the same problem...my sounds work fine for everything else (charging battery, phone call, etc.), however do not work for my texts about 90% of the time, it only vibrates. Any idea what we can do?
    Lucky. I don't even get a vibrate. All i get is the on screen notification. No sound, no vibration, and if the phone is in sleep mode, the screen does not even light up.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I assumed you checked the setting inside of the messaging app.? Correct?

Not the setting inside of sounds and ringtones, but inside of the messaging app., Preference & Accounts. There is a setting for New Messages. "Show Notifications" and "Play Sounds".
  8.    #8  
    I checked that and it is not that. The settings in the messaging app are correct.
    Last edited by luv737; 08/27/2009 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by luv737 View Post
    I checked that and it is not that. The settings in the massaging app are correct.
    And you did install the .wav file that you wanted for your Pre, correct? I used the 1.0.4 text sound (i hated the new muffled sounds-like-it's broken version from 1.1.0 that is no where near loud enough to hear)

I found the file on the forums and placed it on my phone and then directed My Notifications to that wav file. Worked like a charm! BING-BING is what I hear now when I get a text message (I can actually hear this one in a crowded room unlike the new one).
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Glad I'm not the only one either! Yup...ever since the update to 1.1, no sound alert for texts...sigh.
  11.    #11  
    And you did install the .wav file that you wanted for your Pre, correct?I found the file on the forums and placed it on my phone and then directed My Notifications to that wav file.
    Ok....I am confused. If you use the patch do you also need to have my notifications installed and is there a specific .wav file I need to have?
    Quote Originally Posted by luv737 View Post
    Ok....I am confused. If you use the patch do you also need to have my notifications installed and is there a specific .wav file I need to have?
    Oh so you rooted your Pre? I didn't root my Pre for this.

I only have the app "My Notifications" and yes I did place the .wav file that used be stock on the Pre for version 1.0.4 inside my Pre. I then used my notification to map it to the place on my Pre where the .wav file is.

All I wanted to do was get the old text sound back from version 1.0.4. The app "My Notification" did this for me (no rooting required).
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Patch? Which patch are you talking about?

I only have the app "My Notifications" and yes I did place the .wav file that used be stock on the Pre for version 1.0.4 inside my Pre. I then used my notification to map it to the place on my Pre where the .wav file is.
    In one of my previous post I stated that I had installed some patches. That is what I was referring to. I just misunderstood what you were saying. I tried "My Notifications" and direct it to the original sound I had on my phone for text message notification and still nothing happens. Thank You for trying to help!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Same problem. If anyone gets it working please post. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I did the Web OS Doctor to restore my phone then I got the sounds again, long process but it worked.