Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got my pre last night, spent the whole night trying to figure out how to flash, and root it. Finally I got it going and all I have to say is WOW. I love this phone already. Its ease of use is amazing.

I came from a omnia and I didnt think something could pass it. granted its camera isnt as good, nor does it have video recording yet. But it makes up for it! Just have to hack it over to my verizon account now and then Ill have my cake and eat it too!!! Looking forward to everyones help and app development!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    "Video recording yet..." sounds like you're a good pre owner. Welcome.
    More like he did his homework ahead of time and knew it was an upcoming feature.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    More like he did his homework ahead of time and knew it was an upcoming feature.
    Right you are, Ive been reading articles about the pre for about 3weeks now. The only complaint I have, as many others is the battery life. I got to work about 3 hours ago, minor playing around, web, and pandora and im down to 60% HOLY crap, a % drops every two three mins with heavy use I might invest in the extend batter, that 126% sound nice.
    It is a pleasure to read a post from a new user who took the time to be informed before he bought.

- Craig
    Welcome to the forums.. You're definitely going to be accepted around here with that kind of attitude.
    I followed everyone's advice that "As Items arrive" was better for battery than 15 or 30 minutes. Well in my case with Gmail it wasn't, every 30 minutes got me better battery life by far vs. as items arrive. Theoretically as items arrive should only send a request to the imap server every 29 minutes as to not break the connection, maybe Palm changed that interval in the last update.
    It's a great phone! Enjoy!
    Congrats.
    @GoldenSpartan
    umm...Heavy use...how about ANY use and you can watch it drop a percent every couple of minutes. WiFi off in a 4 out of 5 bar area.

I picked up mine today. Actual use, web browsing, installing apps while sitting in the Bell store with a 5 minute break of no use and it sucked through 42% battery in about 2 1/2 hrs. Use was all internet based.

Glad you like your phone. I know I enjoy mine...now if only I could get over the Oreo effect....sigh.
    Last edited by CanadianPre; 08/27/2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Didn't tag who I was responding to.
    Don't stress over the battery life yet. From my reading of the experiences described here, you can expect an improvement over the first couple of weeks / recharge cycles.
    I really think the "battery improvments" is actually the "not picking up and playing with your phone" effect.

Tho once i turned off push on Tweed, my battery concerns were gone.
  13.    #13  
    lol I would think that it being linux based it uses alot less power, but then again this is my first capacitive touch screen, I dont know if that makes a differnece.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I jumped ship from an Omnia HD and was a little hesitant at first after going through these forums. That and paying 800 bucks for the Omnia HD after having it for just 6 weeks. But the pros of WebOS over Symbian and an actual keyboard was reason enough for me to make the switch. The first Pre the salesman had me set up in store had so much play that it actually made the screen flicker every minute or so. He said the amount of play was definitely too much and it contributed to the screen flickering. He brought out a new Pre and it had very little play.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSpartan View Post
    lol I would think that it being linux based it uses alot less power, but then again this is my first capacitive touch screen, I dont know if that makes a differnece.
    I think its always pinging the internet as one of the bigger battery issues.

2 chargers are your friends haha...charger at work and home...touchstone soon...i'll be surprised if i dip below 80% after that.
    does one have to root the phone to use the homebrew in the apps at pre central?

if not, can someone tell me why, when i get my pre i should root xD come on, sell it
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Enjoy your Pre! I am also new to the Pre and tomorrow marks my first week with the phone. I spent a couple of weeks before just lurking around the forum to see if this is the device I truly wanted and it has not disappointed me one bit. I knew exactly what the strengths and shortcomings were before I walked in to the Sprint store and laid down my cash. I don't expect the device to do more than it was designed for and want to thank everyone here who appreciates what it is and is working to make the Pre better. It's easy to figure out who the posers are and those who just post to get attention. The majority of folks here are just sharing and enjoying the phone. Also, homebrew kicks ****! Kudos to the developers who take the time and share their efforts.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gendur View Post
    Enjoy your Pre! I am also new to the Pre and tomorrow marks my first week with the phone. I spent a couple of weeks before just lurking around the forum to see if this is the device I truly wanted and it has not disappointed me one bit. I knew exactly what the strengths and shortcomings were before I walked in to the Sprint store and laid down my cash. I don't expect the device to do more than it was designed for and want to thank everyone here who appreciates what it is and is working to make the Pre better. It's easy to figure out who the posers are and those who just post to get attention. The majority of folks here are just sharing and enjoying the phone. Also, homebrew kicks ****! Kudos to the developers who take the time and share their efforts.
    +1.
    I have had my Pre for a week and I enjoy it so far. It does a lot of things great (messaging for one). Battery life is battery life. I am still learning to play with mine but I think you will love the Pre also!
    Just got my Pre today as well. I'm an average user. I got 8 hours of use out of it before it went dead. Not bad really. Did web surfing, watched youtube videos, looked at and deleted emails, played around with it in general.. talked for about a half hour total... more battery life than I expected. Oh and I actually like the keyboard. Man, people complaining it was so small.. I don't miss a beat on it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast