Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can't recall how many built in applications there are but I have 100 applications installed on my Pre - total.

Starting a week ago, I noticed I was no longer able to install applications (through either the App Catalog or by using fileCoaster). Per the recommendation offered by both the App Catalog and fileCoaster, I began deleting applications.

It seems, no matter how many I delete, I am still unable to install new ones. I've reset/rebooted without any change.

I am wondering - is this a permanent limitation? I can't imagine being limited like this - are there any planned work-arounds?
    Which app are you trying to install? Some apps are larger than others, so you may not have made enough space to install the new app.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Which app are you trying to install? Some apps are larger than others, so you may not have made enough space to install the new app.
    One that comes to mind is Yatz!. I've gained root access on my Pre - I'll see how full my var path is.
    I have to say, this is a huge limitation that both surprises and frustrates me. I can't imagine that Palm won't be removing this limitation soon--there can't be anything more frustrating on my Pre at the moment then having to back out of an install (homebrew or official) because I'm out of space.

I have 7GB free on my Pre. Certainly, more of this space can be apportioned for applications.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Why do you doubt palm would remove it? The Official app store has just over 40 apps....officially Palm's limit is not being seen by the majority of Palm Pre users.

When the app store opens up, i'm sure we will see this dissapear.

I like playing with homebrew apps, but most i delete as i know i won't use it so this isn't even close to an issue with me.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've installed every app in the palm catalog and I just hit the limit trying to install yahtzee. I haven't installed any homebrew apps.
    That's just a feature. The Pre is thinking ahead for you telling you that you don't need that many crap apps.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    That's just a feature. The Pre is thinking ahead for you telling you that you don't need that many crap apps.
    Hahaa - that is funny, especially to me, I am always over-collecting.

But still...
    Man, that's an insane amount of applications... 100?? You must love downloading, haha..
  10.    #10  
    Well, bear in mind that includes the applications that shipped with the device.
  11.    #11  
    This is bad - no matter how many apps I delete, I am unable to add anymore - anyone else suffering from this condition?
    It's preventing itself from becoming an iPhone (yes, my iPhone is full of crapplications).
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I have to say, this is a huge limitation that both surprises and frustrates me. I can't imagine that Palm won't be removing this limitation soon--there can't be anything more frustrating on my Pre at the moment then having to back out of an install (homebrew or official) because I'm out of space.

I have 7GB free on my Pre. Certainly, more of this space can be apportioned for applications.
    Install yours apps with WebOS Quick Install or Preware and there is no Palm-imposed limit
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I have the same exact issue. I deleted maybe 10 apps and only have about 10 homebrew apps installed and getting the error, Install failed: Not enough install space. I dont know what else to do. I tried resettig the phone and same thing. I am using filecoaster to download and have been from the beginning with no issues except for now.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I just tried installing using Preware and it worked with no issues. I am deleting filecoaster as I type and use Preware from now on. It was obviously Filecoaster giving the error. When they fix filecoaster, I might come back. For not Preware seems to be the superior product in more ways than one.
  16.    #16  
    Removing fileCoaster worked for me as well. I haven't tested from the official App Catalog but am sure it will work again.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Install yours apps with WebOS Quick Install or Preware and there is no Palm-imposed limit
    Actually there is with preware, haven't ever used quick install so i can't say for that. I tried to install something with it after the app catalog said it was out of space and preware was giving me errors also.. But it also depends on the size of the apps ur trying to install for instance, tetris from the app catalog is 4mb.
    Last edited by atlanta; 10/06/2009 at 06:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I agree
  19.    #19  
    Nope, still getting an error message asking that I make some room by deleting some programs when I attempt to install from the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    omg i was just about to make this same thread... this is pissin me off, 7 gb remaining and i hit a limit? i'll try downoading through webOS.. but this is still ridiculous.. people with iphones have 8-9 pages of apps i have like 40 or 50 and it cuts off
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast