Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thought it was funny that Palm has started to release apps that cost money, but yet I have no space to install them because of the skimpy memory that have set aside for apps.

Smart move Palm, way to limit how much money you can make.
    Just want to add another complaint about this. Does palm read these forums? I wonder if they know how many people are complaining! It baffles me that people that don't work for palm can make tweaks that make this phone so much better, not to mention the homebrew apps. But Palm has limited the pre so much by limiting app space to such a small amount.
    I have been complaining about this for months. I knew eventually without a fix every user was going to be effected by this, and eventually the developers will notice when the revenue does not come in. The developers will abandon the WebOS platfrom in favor of more profitable models and WebOS will die in its infancy if this is not soon addressed.

The other problem here is, even if you erase ALL homebrew apps, files are still left behind that use up the limit imposed upon us by Palm. Therefore you could have NO homebrew or AC apps and STILL not be able to download apps if you have downloaded and erased a sufficient number of apps over the life of the Pre.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    The other problem here is, even if you erase ALL homebrew apps, files are still left behind that use up the limit imposed upon us by Palm. Therefore you could have NO homebrew or AC apps and STILL not be able to download apps if you have downloaded and erased a sufficient number of apps over the life of the Pre.
    Do you know if anyone is working on a way to erase these left over files?
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Do you know if anyone is working on a way to erase these left over files?
    No. But I have not tried a factory reset.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'm just trying to migrate a Homebrew app to the paid version and I get the OOM error.

"Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    I'm just trying to migrate a Homebrew app to the paid version and I get the OOM error.

The developer didn't want your money anyway. Thanks Palm!
    It seems like in the past I was able to update apps from the "Updates" application on the phone. I cannot do this anymore, and this was the only way I was able to update already installed application on my phone with too many apps installed.

Anyone else remember or run into this?
    this phone has o many issues
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123