Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am now on my 3rd Pre.

the very first one had a problem with the Update App...it never showed any updates after the 1.0.2....I got it replaced when an update never showed up with 1.0.4 came out.

the second one i had very very bad service problems. I lost service everywhere.

So far so good on my 3rd Pre...still love it though...kinda nice to keep getting new phones each time because now its completely NEW! I put on the front and back covers from BEST SKINS EVER....great product for $8!!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    zero. still working my original and been extremely satisfied.
    Man, I've always said that the 'Search' function is so underrated:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...your-pres.html
    SEARCH.. I MEAN ZERO... next...
    I will be recieving my FIFTH one today from FedEx Palm warranty (direct from Palm)

crossing fingers it will be a good one. Im pretty annoyed at this point of having to redo my mods.

1- brand new, launch date Pre.. stopped charging after 2 weeks or so
    2- headset jack problem
    3- crack at usb port
    4- under/internal spider web crack on LCD (still usable, but afraid the crack will grow bigger)
    5- waiting fedex delivery today
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    3 so far...
    1. Took a swim
    2. Speaker Problem
    3. Going strong...as of now
    Zero replacements for me. Still happy with my launch-day Pre.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Also on my 3rd and so far it looks good.

First one would log me out of Palm profile, second one had loose battery connection.
    1. I gave my original to my gf tho, and that one is working like a rock still. But i replaced one after i bought another one and the Mic stopped working.
    Original Day: Was perfect, slider got a bit rough but fine.. Dropped it on asphalt (actually it's 5th drop, 4 without damage) 5th Touchscreen failed and won't shut off.

Waiting for replacement:
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Six! Yes, I'm on my seventh! The first one my dog chewed up, the second one I accidentally backed over with the car (had a hole in my pocket), 3) was in my shirt pocket and stopped a bullet during a liquor-store robbery (thank god), 4) water damage: was in my pocket when I jumped into a lake to save a little girl from drowning 5) I had to shove it between two metal doors to stop them from closing so that a small group of us could escape from an underground bunker - it held long enough for us to get out, then got crushed :-(. 6) Exploded into a million pieces from being too awesome. Palm really needs to improve their build-quality!
    hahahahha
    I'm on my first but I am considering going back to Best Buy to exchange it since I'm still within 30 day. I know many people have complained about the Oreo twist but I find it so annoying, specially when I am on the phone the I feel it twisting. I end up sliding open the phone when I am on it just to avoid the twist. What do you think , should I exchange it and try to get one without a twist?
    I will be on my fourth as of this Friday after 4 pm.

1-proximity sensor went out
    2-dead pixels and slider crash
    3-dead pixels and light leakage
    4-coming Friday
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    I'm on my first but I am considering going back to Best Buy to exchange it since I'm still within 30 day. I know many people have complained about the Oreo twist but I find it so annoying, specially when I am on the phone the I feel it twisting. I end up sliding open the phone when I am on it just to avoid the twist. What do you think , should I exchange it and try to get one without a twist?
    My opinion: No. If it's just a little play (which it's supposed to have), there are two steps to fixing it. 1) Stop twisting it on purpose just to see how much play it has. 2) Slide the phone open when talking just because it feels good. It's more balanced when it's open and easier to hold up to the ear, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Man, I've always said that the 'Search' function is so underrated:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...your-pres.html
    +1

and zero still on my first
    Search? What is this magical feature designed to keep the hair in long time posters heads?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I'm on #3, first phone had a bad microphone from the git go, second phone the speaker went out-(shhh, could of been my fault). I'm 200 miles from the nearest sprint store so both replacements were via mail, both times sprint was out of stock for a couple of days.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    I never knew what was meant by Oreo wiggle till I read your post. My 3 day old Pre is doing that and I just thought it was normal. May also be going back to Best Buy now
  20.    #20  
    From my original post of going on my 3rd pre....I just got my 5th pre...each time there has been a different problem!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast