Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    have you noticed everyone that has replaced them replaced 3 or more. The reson why is the phones not built to bad but the refirbish ones suck so if your unluck and you new one breakes your basicly screwed my first one lasted 6 months then the speaker blew then i went throug 4 in 2 months so hopfully this one will work if not im going to war with sprint lol
    Still on original launch-day Pre. Better than new with all the patches and homebrew.

Favorite new homebrew: LED Torch

Favorite new catalog app: Backgrounds

(I don't really play games.)
    I'm on Pre number 2, due to a cracked USB port on the original one. Other than that, I haven't had any oreo problems, or any problems really that weren't fixed easily with a phone reset or a quick uninstall/reinstall. As for those who have had mondo problems with their phones, try to be a little bit more gentle with your phones. And the mentality that refurb = phone is doomed has to relax. It's negative thinking, and if you will something to break it just might give in to your will.
    Still on original launch-day Pre.

I really don't understand how some people have such bad luck. I take my Pre with me everywhere. I'm on it several hours a day. It's received its fair share of bumps, drops, moisture, heat, cold, etc. and has held up well. Mine has no scratches or other blemishes and I've never had it in a case. No "oreo" effect. No light bleeding. No slider problems.

What are people doing to these devices that they need so many replacements?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Still on original launch-day Pre.

I really don't understand how some people have such bad luck. I take my Pre with me everywhere. I'm on it several hours a day. It's received its fair share of bumps, drops, moisture, heat, cold, etc. and has held up well. Mine has no scratches or other blemishes and I've never had it in a case. No "oreo" effect. No light bleeding. No slider problems.

I recently put mine in a Sprint slider case, but couldn't agree with you more.
    call me a gluttton for punishment but i am on my 8th for varies reasons this one seems rock solid tho. I just love the web os and now we have some sweet stuff coming our way.
    (What I am about to write should be taken in a light-hearted tone)

I've never been on an enthusiast forum for a product that have so many threads about how many of said products they've had to switch out. It just seems strange because I would think for those that had so many problems and were fed up would just move along to something else or the happy ones wouldn't care about the exchanges. Either way it just surprises me that there's so many threads and polls about how many Pre's we've owned.

[/non-angry post]
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
  9. z21
    On my second now.. unfortunately I had to get my launch day pre replaced because the power button quit functioning. They wouldn't fix it, said that with the pre they just check for water damage and request a replacement. Too bad because I really didn't want a refurbished unit. Though I'm pretty sure thats what I got. Any way to check?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I've thought the same thing, I'm still on my launch day Pre, have 35 patches, a theme, Precorder and my phones only had an occasional patch hiccup that I've always solved. I've never dropped mine, have a screen protector and keep it in the Palm hip case. Am I just lucky or does being careful reap it's benefits?
    On my second. First one was basically my fault.
    Replaced 4 times. One my 6th phone. Tricky wording there OP; )
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    Six! Yes, I'm on my seventh! The first one my dog chewed up, the second one I accidentally backed over with the car (had a hole in my pocket), 3) was in my shirt pocket and stopped a bullet during a liquor-store robbery (thank god), 4) water damage: was in my pocket when I jumped into a lake to save a little girl from drowning 5) I had to shove it between two metal doors to stop them from closing so that a small group of us could escape from an underground bunker - it held long enough for us to get out, then got crushed :-(. 6) Exploded into a million pieces from being too awesome. Palm really needs to improve their build-quality!

I'm only on my second. The battery on my first one exploded (taking the Pre with it) when I plugged into it to keep the heart-lung machine going for a seven-hour heart transplant conducted during a citywide power blackout. The battery kept the machine going long enough--Needless to say, I had a Seidio extended battery!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

14. RJC
    I'm on my 3th pre...

1. Was watching sprint tv, the phone froze and turned off and wouldn't turn back on.
    2. Power button stuck and I had to slide the phone up in order for it to power up and just wait for the backlight to turn off on its own.
    3. Same issue as number 2...has anyone had issues with this power button??????
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I actually just called Sprint today over the stuck power button. I am waiting on my 2nd Pre to come in the mail...I am not happy to say good bye to my launch day pre and the invisible shield I have on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by catallah View Post
    I actually just called Sprint today over the stuck power button. I am waiting on my 2nd Pre to come in the mail...I am not happy to say good bye to my launch day pre and the invisible shield I have on it.
    FYI, this thread talks about people taking their pre's to a Sprint repair center, easy fix.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-button.html
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    Six! Yes, I'm on my seventh! The first one my dog chewed up, the second one I accidentally backed over with the car (had a hole in my pocket), 3) was in my shirt pocket and stopped a bullet during a liquor-store robbery (thank god), 4) water damage: was in my pocket when I jumped into a lake to save a little girl from drowning 5) I had to shove it between two metal doors to stop them from closing so that a small group of us could escape from an underground bunker - it held long enough for us to get out, then got crushed :-(. 6) Exploded into a million pieces from being too awesome. Palm really needs to improve their build-quality!
    Clark Kent... Is that you??
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up, seems like lots of other people are having the same sort of problem.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123