Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am on my second Pre. I didn't hack the first for fear of bricking it. But now, that I have, Preware gives me everything that I have ever wanted in a phone.
    Still on 1st, launch day pre, solid platform, luv it.
    Still on my launch month Pre but sadly it has developed a crack on the lower left hand corner of the gesture area and will have to be replaced at some point soon.
    4th Refurb. Going strong and solid.

1) got it the day after launch, keyboard when after dead batt, but did get it working again, just didn't want to gamble.
    2)Refurb with 1/2 the screen having no touch.
    3)New that lost touch.

If I would of kept my first one, it would've prob still be going strong.
    Im am on my second,,, the slider felt loose on the first one replaced it the second day. No other issues
    I'm on my second after I dropped a couch on my first. Why can't Palm design a phone that doesn't break when I simply drop a couch on it? Sheesh!
    zero
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    im on my 4 th one
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    1st new lasted 3months then ext speaker blew, 2nd same thing a month later 3rd had a big white spot in the center of the screen 4th keep searching for the network so now im waiting for #5 I will keep you posted.
    1. Speaker died. Started crakling then died.
    2. Oreo was so bad screen would go in and out.
    3. Oreo only when closed, but would pop and crack while sliding out, died.
    4. Slider oreo(when open really bad) cracking sounds, clicking if pressing the screen
    5. My current. I have to ''baby step'' close the slider ever so gently, otherwise it will turn itself off.
    6. Gotta call and get another sent out cuz there isn't a sprint store within 50+ miles of me.

1. Pixi - speaker died
    2. Pixi - working perfect, love the phone its just too small and slow compared to pre.
    Palm prē-ist.

First one was dropped down a flight of concret stairs. It worked fine. The problem came 2 months later when it froze up. Upon a full erase, it wouldn't make it past the initial setup screen.

The second one, locked up at approx 70% through the profile restoration the same day I got it.

Now I'm on my third. Though slow occasionally, she quite the workaholic.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    1. Speaker died. Started crakling then died.
    2. Oreo was so bad screen would go in and out.
    3. Oreo only when closed, but would pop and crack while sliding out, died.
    4. Slider oreo(when open really bad) cracking sounds, clicking if pressing the screen
    5. My current. I have to ''baby step'' close the slider ever so gently, otherwise it will turn itself off.
    6. Gotta call and get another sent out cuz there isn't a sprint store within 50+ miles of me.

1. Pixi - speaker died
    2. Pixi - working perfect, love the phone its just too small and slow compared to pre.
    I think there's a fix for that (until your replacement gets here). Like a thin piece of paper or equiv between the battery and the (back) of the keyboard surface. Something like that.
    1st- Launch day pre gave up the ghost in November. (Power button)
    2nd- Will be replacing tomorrow. (Infamous usb crack which is now up to the screen).
    3rd- Hopefully will last until June 6th, when I will get the Pre 2 or stay with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Zero.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    On my second. The first one had a bad power button. My second Pre has a looser slider and the power button doesn't have the same sort of click like my first one did before it stopped working. I bought the first Pre in September and replaced it a few weeks ago. I liked the feel of the first one better then my second one, both were new, out of the box.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    Six! Yes, I'm on my seventh! The first one my dog chewed up, the second one I accidentally backed over with the car (had a hole in my pocket), 3) was in my shirt pocket and stopped a bullet during a liquor-store robbery (thank god), 4) water damage: was in my pocket when I jumped into a lake to save a little girl from drowning 5) I had to shove it between two metal doors to stop them from closing so that a small group of us could escape from an underground bunker - it held long enough for us to get out, then got crushed :-(. 6) Exploded into a million pieces from being too awesome. Palm really needs to improve their build-quality!
    Too funny! thanks for the laughs!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Six. Yeah, I'm on my seventh. Palm, to their credit, offered me a refund, but Sprint isn't playing nice.
    I am on my fourth.

1. Release day Pre. Headset jack broken in 1st 30 days. Replaced with new Pre.
    2. Calls going straight to voicemail. Replaced with refurbished Pre.
    3. Calls going straight to voicemail. Bad radio this time. Replaced with new Pre.
    4. Feels good so far. Will replace with a different handset should this one go bad.
    zero 6/16
    still like new
    no problems
    Last edited by Warblad13; 12/29/2009 at 11:55 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast