Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Some of us have attention spans longer than 30 seconds....
    +1

Since we HAVE to wait for Palm, there are only two things you can do while you wait...You can do something to resolve it (complaining doesnt count), or you can do something to pass the time (complaining is an option here). With that said, opinions are welcome on a forum. Its just funny when someone blasts another based on their choice to either praise or lambast Palm.

I do wonder where the Yatzee and Tetris clone apps in the homebrew section stand in the approval process at Palm (assuming they have submitted them both).
    as of this posting the number of downloads:

the canadian press: 246
    yelp: 1919
    Yahtzee: 1099
    tetris: 2348

and just because pandora is now in the app cat since yesterday: 315812
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just tried playing Tetris, specifically the Cascade Mania version. It says it's a "limited time demo" but this is ridiculous! I got to play for about 15 seconds and then it told me I'd have to purchase the full app whenever available. WTH...I can't get hooked if I don't get to play a full game. What a tease. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by jedson01 View Post
    Just tried playing Tetris, specifically the Cascade Mania version. It says it's a "limited time demo" but this is ridiculous! I got to play for about 15 seconds and then it told me I'd have to purchase the full app whenever available. WTH...I can't get hooked if I don't get to play a full game. What a tease. :-(
    Makes sense, its an EA game...
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Since we HAVE to wait for Palm, there are only two things you can do while you wait...You can do something to resolve it (complaining doesnt count), or you can do something to pass the time (complaining is an option here). With that said, opinions are welcome on a forum. Its just funny when someone blasts another based on their choice to either praise or lambast Palm.

I do wonder where the Yatzee and Tetris clone apps in the homebrew section stand in the approval process at Palm (assuming they have submitted them both).
    I find myself spending my energy with the homebrew crowd. There are several killer apps there that will eventually make it to the palm catalog but you can play with them now! If you are complaining about the palm stuff, just go to homebrew and have some fun.
    The goddamn app complaining is getting goddamn old.

UNTIL THERE IS A PAY SYSTEM SETUP IN THE APP CATALOG I DON'T THINK MANY DEVELOPERS ARE GOING TO MAKE THEIR APPS FOR FREE.

Even the homebrew devs, a bunch have plans to charge when they can.

Jesus....
    Unless theres an official Facebook app then I'm not really interested much in those other official apps.
    What's with the screen only controls on Tetris? I mean tapping to change the orientation of a piece, and swiping down to get it down quickly is fine, but for left and right motion, I find it very inaccurate! They need to map it to the keyboard....we got enough buttons there, why not use them????
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Is there away to log in to Yelp?

If these guys can develop a fully functioal app for the iPhone then I'd hope the same effort goes into the Pre version. I don't want to be treated like second class citizens to the iPhone and get crippled web/standalone versions of what they get..

BTW. I know the standard response is that it's early on a new platform, but if the people who were hand picked to make official apps are putting this little effort into their product then we have something to worry about.

Yelp, Facebook, Evernote, MLB, Weather, GMaps should all be much much better.
    thread cleaned up a bit. Easy on the language, folks. we don't like closing threads.
    crappy apps = better & quicker updates?
    hopefully
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    crappy apps = better & quicker updates?
    hopefully
    Why? Palm isn't writing these apps, and the people coding updates almost certainly have nothing to do with the apps that show up in the app catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Is there a difference between YELP and the YELP inside the Where app?
    Any feedback on this? I saw a comment in the App Catalog reviews that said, "the Where Yelp app is marginally more useful", but the poster didn't say why. Another review said it's the same as the Where version.
    do you get charged for these apps in the app browser?
    4 new palm apps
    More like one and a half.
    I think both Yatzee and Tetris are good enough games to buy, if reasonably price. Tetris controls are nice and animation is silky smooth. However, I'm really considering not and telling them it is because of their demo decision. It is just ridiculous that you can't wait to enable the demo logic until after a full game has been played.

I'd be annoyed if the app was available for immediate purchase. When that isn't even available, it is even more of a problem. Stupid decisions that are fostering ill will for both apps, for good reasons.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    could someone just crack the tetris game please
    and this game kills blockdrop, looks much better and nice animations just need keyboard input
    blockdrop also gets annoying pauses which kills the game even more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12