1.    #1  
    So I get my Pre tomorrow and im getting ready to install some homebrew. My question is this since you need to sprint webOS doctor does this mean that it wont work with my Bell firmware. I know no one has one and this question might be a little premature but if it is sprint specific how can I install filecoaster without webOS quick install.

Thanks,
    Dan
    you don't need webos doctor to install homebrew on the pre, you need palm webos sdk or quick install. take a look at How To: Install Homebrew on your Pre
    Palm made the webOS doctor, wo I'd think they would release one for Bell.
  4.    #4  
    When you run quick install it downloads the Palm webOS doctor and it says sprint right in the file name. I know its Palms file but it might be custom for sprint firmware. I would imagine that if it needs to download it, it needs files from it and hopefully they are generic files as apposed to sprint specified files.
  5.    #5  
    I found a guide to install homebrew with the SDK and its really easy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualme View Post
    When you run quick install it downloads the Palm webOS doctor and it says sprint right in the file name. I know its Palms file but it might be custom for sprint firmware. I would imagine that if it needs to download it, it needs files from it and hopefully they are generic files as apposed to sprint specified files.
    There is a Bell firmware available. If there's a Bell user out there, please PM me once you get your Pre.

PS: My vote go to trying the WebOS Quick Install. And that's not just cause I'm also Canadian and the developer
  7.    #7  
    Are you going to update it for Bell!! Your the man.
    I've had my Bell Pre for a week now....I've been delaying trying Homebrew until someone else asked!
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMinds87 View Post
    I've had my Bell Pre for a week now....I've been delaying trying Homebrew until someone else asked!
    How did you get your Bell Pre a week early?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Demo units were floating around earlier than today..... who really cares though - anyone can get one now.