1.    #1  
    I looked through the search feature as well as recommended threads and couldn't find anything on the topic.

I've only owned my pre for a few days and I've noticed that my 3G IP has changed. Does anyone know Sprint's/Palm's policy on reporting an IP to requesting companies?

Thanks.
    What? What do you mean "reporting an IP of requesting companies"? Technically you sent your IP address to anyone you connect to (so precentral.net would have your IP if you visited it on your phone) so I'm not sure what you mean.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    What? What do you mean "reporting an IP of requesting companies"? Technically you sent your IP address to anyone you connect to (so precentral.net would have your IP if you visited it on your phone) so I'm not sure what you mean.
    More in terms of, if something is sent through the phone. And the other company asks to know the user, will Sprint give away that info?
    If there is a subpoena for the information yes, otherwise however I don't think so.

Take a look through the Privacy Policy pages. Sprint | Privacy at Sprint Nextel
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  5.    #5  
    You must be a lawyer. They always tell you the easiest way to get out of trouble.