Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Ok, so I've been dealing with my Pre's wobble for about 2 months now. Its gotten to a point where its plain annoying to use, plus the fact that it shuts off randomly doesn't help. So I went to the Sprint store where I bought my Pre, and asked if they could replace it. They said since they couldn't reproduce my "shut-offs", they can't replace my phone. When I asked about the wobble, they said to take it to a Sprint Tech store and see if they could fix it. Well since the nearest Tech store is about an hour drive, I'm just wondering if anyone here thinks that the store would be able to fix my oreo and a gap between the two halves? Thanks
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    If you're talking about the Oreo effect, I fix mine every so often by holding the Pre between my two hands, pressing on the four corners and opening and closing the keyboard several times. A quick search should show you other methods.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I've tried a lot of methods, including that, but the gap between the two halves is whats pissing me off the most. Whenever I touch the top half of the screen, I can hear and feel the two sides hit each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjs2626 View Post
    Ok, so I've been dealing with my Pre's wobble for about 2 months now. Its gotten to a point where its plain annoying to use, plus the fact that it shuts off randomly doesn't help. So I went to the Sprint store where I bought my Pre, and asked if they could replace it. They said since they couldn't reproduce my "shut-offs", they can't replace my phone. When I asked about the wobble, they said to take it to a Sprint Tech store and see if they could fix it. Well since the nearest Tech store is about an hour drive, I'm just wondering if anyone here thinks that the store would be able to fix my oreo and a gap between the two halves? Thanks
    I would say that the "repair store" will just rush replace your phone. That is to say if it is actually damaging itself when you slide it in and out, the oreo effect is absurd, or you can actually get it to shut off by sliding it open and closed repeatedly.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Really nice wallpaper you have there, Sharkims. The problem I have with getting a replacement is that the backup software doesn't back up your preferences. When you restore, you have to manually set all your preferences. Here's hoping that if I need a replacement they will have fixed the backup program to backup preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Really nice wallpaper you have there, Sharkims. The problem I have with getting a replacement is that the backup software doesn't back up your preferences. When you restore, you have to manually set all your preferences. Here's hoping that if I need a replacement they will have fixed the backup program to backup preferences.
    I am not sure how that can be done at this moment. Though I think if you search around the forums, or make a thread asking about backing up that you will figure out a way. I know for example there is some way to use the old Palm Sync software with an application.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Sprint is not allowed to do any repair work on the Pre. Because of that, I'm surprised that Sprint would send you to a service center in the first place, but it wouldn't be the first uninformed cell phone store worker out there.
    Here, a definitive and simple solution to your wobble. I had the same issue but found this myself, now it's tighter than ever!

Oreo Fix