1.    #1  
    I lost the cover to my USB slot and sprint stores say they can't fix it or replace the cover??? Anyone have this problem and how did you resolve it? I wouldn't really stress it but the corner around the usb port is sharp and I don't want to run the risk of anything getting into the USB slot.
    If Sprint wants to be like that, and you have insurance, plug that ***** into a 220 outlet and then swap it out!

Seriously though, they better come up with a better solution for this. I think, in time, there gonna start to get tons of these back for the same issue.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    My usb cover just "Fell" out one night as i tried to put it back in after a charge. The following night i set the phone down to charge and when i woke up a cracked emerged from the bottom of the usb port and eventually grew to 1" big spidering down the side.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    be prepared to save yourself alot of time and frustration from not having to deal with it forever
    I'd just leave it the way it is. I know it probably doesn't look the best, but my old smartphones never had a USB cover.

I notice the new HTC Hero doesn't have one either, although the port is on the bottom edge of the device.

I think stress from the cover being pulled out and pushed back in might be partially resposible for cracks that some people, including me, have complained about (my first two Pre phones developed these cracks).

Just leave it be. If it bothers you that much, demand a replacement. I'd say you're lucky to have gotten rid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    I lost the cover to my USB slot and sprint stores say they can't fix it or replace the cover??? Anyone have this problem and how did you resolve it? I wouldn't really stress it but the corner around the usb port is sharp and I don't want to run the risk of anything getting into the USB slot.
    I called Palm Customer Support and got a replacement USB cover sent to me!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I took mine off deliberately after struggling to get it to release for the first few days after I got the Pre. I haven't had any problem with foreign materials getting into the port, though admittedly I carry it in a dedicated pocket in my shirt or pants, or in a BodyGlove belt pouch. Haven't had any problems with cracking or the edges (yet).
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I removed my cover the first day. I keep the phone in my suit jacket, my shirt pocket, my back pocket, anywhere it fits. No problems so far.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    My USB cover fell off within a week and the bottom part cracked a week later... haven't missed it at all..
    My USB cover has been gone since the first day I got my Pre. Good riddance.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I use my cover multiple times a day since I've had it and haven't broken it yet.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    touchstone 4tw
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    Problem --- USB Cover Missing

Solution --- "Tape" --- Ghetto but works
    Enjoy it! I pulled mine out on purpose the day I got my Pre.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Plu in the headphones and listen to pandora for a minute. Unplug the headphones while music is stillplaying and the phone will most likely get stuck in headphone mode. Take it to ur sprint store and they won't be able to fix it and viola! you get a new (refurb) phone.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Since its all glass around the usb cover im certain since mine was removed it structurally weakens the phone without it being inserted properly. Hence my cracks.
    Deal with it if you don't have a replacement plan. I have ESRP and I would just try flashing with the WebOS doctor and pull the plug in the middle of the flash to brick the phone.
    sounds like a feature to me. i've been really considering pulling mine out cause the little ******* wants to get in the way of the usb plug thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    If Sprint wants to be like that, and you have insurance, plug that ***** into a 220 outlet and then swap it out!

Seriously though, they better come up with a better solution for this. I think, in time, there gonna start to get tons of these back for the same issue.
    220 compatible I am sure, all previous treos have been
    Quote Originally Posted by colangelopn View Post
    Since its all glass around the usb cover im certain since mine was removed it structurally weakens the phone without it being inserted properly. Hence my cracks.
    You think the missing USB plug weakens the phone structurally? How much damage would plugging the USB cable in/out repeatedly cause?