1.    #1  
    I've tried the tutorial on here downloading handbrake but I couldn't quite figure it out. It was asking for the destination and it wouldn't accept anything.

Does anyone have a free program to DL thats easy to use and then easy to load the DVD on the Pre?? Also, I'm trying to load a few DVD's of TV shows I have, is that possible?? THANKS!
    Handbrake is pretty simple to use, you might want to google some step by step instructions because its not going to get much easier than that.

Also anything copy protected won't work with handbrake.
  3.    #3  
    How do you know if it's copy protected?? Sorry if thats a dumb question.

Also, I heard Handbrake doesn't work with Windows...is this true?
    Download Format Factory. It's free and works great, and has lots of conversion options. I can't post a link yet I don't think but Google it.

http :// www .formatoz .com/

I think you'll need something like AnyDVD to decrypt DVDs also but tihs program work with already ripped movies and video files to the Pre.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    If you are trying to copy dvds that you have onto your Pre, I found a program on a website called www dot tools4movies dot com. They give you a trial that is free. It reads movies and gives you a whole bunch of options for what you want to put it on ( including Pre!). Once its transfered, I put it on my itunes and transfer it to my Pre. Worked great for me. I've got 5 movies on my Pre.
    Also anything copy protected won't work with handbrake.
    Version 0.9.0 (MacOSX) has no problem with copy protection. This feature is, well, "broken" in the current version. The last time I checked, you can still download 0.9.0 from the Handbrake website if you search for it.

There is indeed a Handbrake version for Windows.