1.    #1  
    I know categorize my Pre the same way as my DVR. They are brainwashers!!!

I find myself using my iPod Touch and trying to multitask, and failing., or trying to go back by using my swipe gesture and failing

It's like going to my parents house and watching their TV.....

is it HD?
    is it DVR?

Yet when I commercial comes on, I instinct (HATED THAT PHONE) ively go to press the FF button.....does it work?

Thank you Pre and Tivo for warping my brain!

I likey take apart thingies....
    (waves hand) This is not the Pre you are looking for...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    (waves hand) This is not the Pre you are looking for...
    Thanks for the laugh!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I jump back and forth between dozens of tech products and since every UI is distinct then I never end up crossing up commands. Mac to PC, TiVo to Comcast DVR, iPhone to Pre, Guitar to Bass, Foreman Grilll to Laptop. A hot iron may feel like a telephone handle, but I'm not going to put it up to my ear if I hear a bell.

I'm not trying to put anyone down for mistaking duct tape for toilet paper, but I just don't get how it could happen.
  5.    #5  
    You mean you don't cook burgers on your laptop?!?!?!? Damn, maybe that's why my keyboard is greeeeeezzzzy....

So you are saying that when you use a TV that DOESN'T have DVR, that when a commerical comes on you don't feel like you have to reach for that FF button? You would be the first my friend....
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Pavlov hit it on the head!!
    I had (and still have) this SAME problem when i'm messing around with my girlfriend's iPhone! i keep trying to flick the screen up to go into card view. or what's really irritating, hitting the home key thinking it will go to the card view but really just closes the app. i'm glad i'm not the only one.
    Shortly after I got my Pre, I reached up on my desktop PC's screen to swipe an application off. But it only happened once, I swear. And I was tired at the time.

Truthfully though, when I'm switching between computer OS's, I do mix up commands. I figure it's kind of like the folks that are multi-lingual that sometimes switch between languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I know categorize my Pre the same way as my DVR. They are brainwashers!!!

I find myself using my iPod Touch and trying to multitask, and failing., or trying to go back by using my swipe gesture and failing

It's like going to my parents house and watching their TV.....

is it HD?
    is it DVR?

Yet when I commercial comes on, I instinct (HATED THAT PHONE) ively go to press the FF button.....does it work?

Thank you Pre and Tivo for warping my brain!

Comedy. Go YANKEES
    I know how you feel with the FF button when it comes to Tivo and just a regular TV without it. I have that mistake a LOT and it sucks because you actually have to sit there and watch the stupid commercials.. :P As for switching between phones, I don't really have that issue at all. Sometimes I'll pickup a phone and wonder why it doesn't do (what would seem to be universal - but then again I, too, am brainwashed by the Pre) very simple multi-tasking capable things.
    I keep trying to swipe my dell mini9's netbook screen which, as I keep proving over and over, is decidely not a touchscreen.

Oh, and god forbid I try to pull out my old pay as you go nokia burner for a special call :-O I am swiping all over that piddly little screen.

I can't wait till all visual interfaces are touch sensitive!!
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    So you are saying that when you use a TV that DOESN'T have DVR, that when a commerical comes on you don't feel like you have to reach for that FF button? You would be the first my friend....
    I keep looking for the stupid "instant replay" button in real life. I'm not kidding. I have to remind myself that life isn't a tivo, and I can't go back and watch what just happened again in slo mo.
    The only issue I have is when switching between my Pre and my Archos 605. Both are touchscreen, but the Archos doesn't care when I touch the screen with my fingertip, I have to use my nail. Then I go back to the pre and it doesn't respond...hmmm. Oh yea!