1.    #1  
    So my phone has been working just fine, it has a screen protector on it -- it sat on my desk at work all day connected to the wall charger. I put it in the cover I have and left for home.

On the way home I couldn't use the launcher icon or the dialer icon -- to make calls I had to use the keyboard and search my contacts list.

Now that I'm home and looking at it -- if tilted the right way I can see either a screen long scratch or crack -- can't feel it at all, even pulled the protector off and there is nothing to feel on the screen.

Yes I have insurance, but I didn't drop it, scratch it or anything. I treat it better than I treat myself

And I have a mess of homebrews on there -- first is the sprint store going to give me trouble about those?

Is it worth it to go to the store, or should I just claim the insurance? I really don't have an extra $100 for this, darnit.

Are they sending refurbed? I usually don't have an issue with refurbed, but just not happy about that choice right now. So soon after getting this (I was a June 6th adopter, btw)

Sorry, guess I'm whining - but insight/advice is welcome. Or a slap telling me to get over it -- gently please.

And is there anyway to get to the launcher? I used ahs to bring up the dialer, but is there any other way to the launcher?

Thanks,

Jacki
    call Palm, they are replacing this for free...same thing happend to me.

Must warn you though that they send out refurbs...and I am currently on my 3rd replacement. (same crack issue)

Palm warranty # is: 877-426-3777

*IF you have a sprint repair center nearby, you can give them a try too
    i dont know how long you've had it. but all my pre's have had a grip of homebrew and i've just taken them in said "hey my X is going wonky, I need a replacement" "let our techies check it out, come back in a half hour" was their reply. I came back, they had a brand new, in box pre waiting for me.
    do you have insurance? and were your issues a cracked screen?