1.    #1  
    My dutch friends with 2 words in their last names such as "Van" Something are showing up without the "Van" in messaging and the phone app. Is there some way to fix this?
    Or is Palm just racist against the Dutch!
    This is America pal. Just because your Dutch friends have funny names doesn't mean it's the Pre's fault.

A "van" is something you live in anyway, down by the river, or a sneaker.

Dutch, Danish, Denmark, it's all the same to me.

They do make good beer though...<Sips his Heineken>

Hopefully Palm will fix this before The Netherlands gets the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by vicini View Post
    My dutch friends with 2 words in their last names such as "Van" Something are showing up without the "Van" in messaging and the phone app. Is there some way to fix this?
    Or is Palm just racist against the Dutch!
    If their name is something like, "Dudeman Van Gard" why not just set it to say "Dudeman VanGard"? That could easily remedy the situation, and only takes out a tiny space in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    This is America pal. Just because your Dutch friends have funny names doesn't mean it's the Pre's fault.

A "van" is something you live in anyway, down by the river, or a sneaker.

Dutch, Danish, Denmark, it's all the same to me.

They do make good beer though...<Sips his Heineken>

Hopefully Palm will fix this before The Netherlands gets the Pre.
    I don't even know what to say to that other than..dude..seriously..
    You can do "Name Details" for any Google Contact on the Edit screen to make sure it happens right.
    From the Pre:

1. Choose the contact and hit Edit.
    2. From the Contact menu, choose "Name Details".
    3. Fix the name and the back gesture to save.
    I had a few posts about this (and how universal search handles names from different profiles). Check out http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1829616 for more info
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Racist...really?!........OK...I've heard it all now... the phone is rasist (against the Dutch no less!)
    It's called sarcasm?

dictionary.reference.com

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary.reference.com

sar⋅casm [sahr-kaz-uhm]

–noun
    1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
    2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
    Origin:
    1570–80; < LL sarcasmus < Gk sarkasmós, deriv. of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-
    Mals
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malstorme View Post
    It's called sarcasm?

dictionary.reference.com

Mals
    it's called a j.o.k.e. That's why I refered to the phone as rasist....not Palm.... you know ....HaHaHa
    Seems to work fine for me, contacts from Exchange account are fine.
    Losing the first last name could cause problems. Example: take the Van out of the **** Van Dyke Show, and you would have an entirly different show.
  12.    #12  
    I talked to my friend with the freaky deaky dutch name and he said facebook is to blame. Name details was the correct answee, didn't know it exisited. Thanks
    Palm is off the hook on this one.
    Btw the palm racist thing was a joke, but you should never joke about racism