Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So a local supermarket i frequent has asked me not to bring my phone in the store or at least turn it off when i enter and exit the store because it has now set off the alarm 3 times. Has anyone else had this problem or would know why something like this would happen?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    what alarm is it setting off?
  3.    #3  
    the security alarm at the door.
  4.    #4  
    so far it has only been that one store.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Do you have the touchstone back on? Alot of those stores use a magnetic security tag device for their anti-theft alarms.
    Hahaha, that's insane. I've never had that issue in any stores I've gone into.
  7.    #7  
    no touchstone. I really don't see the point in that thing.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Make sure it is not something else. Could have something as simple as a magnetic strip in your wallet.

I would tell the store, fine I will take my business else where if your security systems can not tell the difference! Business must be to good for them to demand you leave your phone, or turn it off.
  9.    #9  
    i made sure already. it's the phone.
    does it happen with anyone else? or are you the only one? does it do it in "plane" mode? have you tried with it completely off? battery out? this is just crazy.
    You want crazy...look for the Sony Eric. phone that can autostart an electric panel gas stove. Burners jump to instant ignite.
    Or maybe find one of the many instances where phones (usually older) interfere with GPS devices (TOMTOM, etc) or cause the car to turn off/experience system failure (Honda).

I would say in this case, the store needs to update their security system.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit840 View Post
    So a local supermarket i frequent has asked me not to bring my phone in the store or at least turn it off when i enter and exit the store because it has now set off the alarm 3 times. Has anyone else had this problem or would know why something like this would happen?

Hmmm 3 times?...are you stealing things Mr.? lol just making light of the situation....Blame it on the Preeeee Preee.... Blame it on the Preee..PReee..
  13.    #13  
    2 out of the 3 times i was talking on the phone. the other time it was just sitting idle in my pocket.
    hand it to a friend and let him go through it...see if it happens to anyone else...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    The store security system thinks your Pre is SEXY and the alarm is its wolf whistle.
    Your Pre is really a Klepto in disguise
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    It happens to me sometimes too, you're not the only one. Its not all the time, but 2 out of 10 times i go to the grocery store it sets it off.
    My Life with the Pre. http://theprelife.com
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Ya sure blame the Pre, I suspect your a silent klepto...
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Hahaha, that's insane. I've never had that issue in any stores I've gone into.
    Not yet...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  20.    #20  
    So I had a friend go through the same spot with my phone and it happened to him....

I did take the back cover off the phone and found a bag of jolly ranchers the phone never paid for.

But in all seriousness, at least i'm not the only one this has happened to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast