1.    #1  
    I'm really digging this app. I travel quite a bit and I like the ability to track my flights and the seamless integration with my calendar.

Just minutes ago I got a notification from Flightview that my plane is running late. It was cool to be notified, but sucks having to wait to get home.

If you travel, I recommend giving this app a try.
    You should write a review!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    can't find a download link for it
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post
    can't find a download link for it
    It's in the palm app store. It's free. I was looking all over homebrew for it too
    Oops. Nevermind. I didn't think to look in the official app catalog
    Thanks for the recommendation - I too had been looking in homebrew for it (never crossed my mind to look at the app catalog).
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    +1. Love it.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    LOL - love the fact that we all run to the Homebrews to find an app someone mentions. Homebrew section rocks. Official Palm App Catalog, not so much.
    I agree, it's a great app.

I picked up my son at the airport a few weeks ago, his flight out of ATL had delayed his trip by an hour and it was nice that I was getting alerts while I sat on my neighbor's patio sipping wine.

Funny thing was, I get to the airport a little late (maybe sipping that wine a little too long) and Flightview is telling me his plane is already on the ground. I don't see him anywhere so I check the flight board in the airport which says the flight hasn't yet landed. I'm a little miffed that Flightview has given me bum dope, and I'm standing there waiting for him to come down the escalator when he walks up from behind and taps me on the shoulder.

FlightView 1
    Airport 0
  10.    #10  
    I should have mentioned that the app was located in the App Catalog.

Funny thing, as soon as my plane landed I booted up my Pre. After the 5 minutes it took to boot (lol), I got an immediate alert that my plane had landed. I was still on the runway when I got the alert. It was dead on! Pretty cool.

I can't wait for new apps that take advantage of this feature (like an ESPN app that sends alerts directly to the device?).
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    I should have mentioned that the app was located in the App Catalog.

Funny thing, as soon as my plane landed I booted up my Pre. After the 5 minutes it took to boot (lol), I got an immediate alert that my plane had landed. I was still on the runway when I got the alert. It was dead on! Pretty cool.

I can't wait for new apps that take advantage of this feature (like an ESPN app that sends alerts directly to the device?).
    Same here. I turned my phone on, and while still taxing, I got the alert that we had landed. Impressive, when it works. In big delay days, I have found that status updates are sparse, if at all.
    I agree, its a great app for the frequent traveler. But for any kind of official use, not so much. I work for an airline, and I test it out after every update, and it doesn't quite give me the information I need, when i need it.

One time I went to the food court while waiting for a flight to arrive, I was concerned it would land while i was waiting for my food. My phone never gave an alert, and while walking back to my office, i decided to open the app and flifo (airport speak for flight information) that particular flight. It still showed 5 minutes out. As i walked past the gate, the people were coming off the plane. So it is not 100% reliable. But it is great for frequent travelers.
    My last trip it pretty much nailed all of my flights on the head in terms of departure time and arrival time. It showed gate numbers for all my flights in and out of Chicago O'hare but not out of Phoenix or Long Beach.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I've had great success with Flightview. Been right on and very helpful for me (plus it's just cool to see where the plane is in the air!)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmjd View Post
    I've had great success with Flightview. Been right on and very helpful for me (plus it's just cool to see where the plane is in the air!)
    +1, I agree.
    Saw this thread and installed it...my wife is flying home today and this app rocks! thanks!! Can't wait for app store to really get going...