Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Welp I'm starting to feel like this may be coming to the end of the road for the Pre (for me at least). I'm going to wait it out a few months (max). I love this phone, has so much potential, but I'm getting the whole "Dead as a door nail" vibe. News is sketchy, basically nothing.

There are too many variables for me to really want to stick it out.
    1) What is Palm going to use for the GPU? WebGL or OpenGL? WebGL isn't going to be good enough.
    2) Umm... I have no more space for apps.. Yea.. Its a joke.
    3) I feel like the hardware gets more flimsy every day! Scary
    4) Palm, do SOMETHING to un-bore us!
    list goes on and on.

I know a lot of you are patiently waiting and thats great! I have no worries Palm will come through later than sooner. I can't explain my feelings, but its almost like I'm starting to get really bored lately.

I see other phone's getting "Freshness" daily.. Ours... ehh not so much. I think a lot of us are a bit leary due to the whole Instinct ordeal. This is starting to look pretty darn close. The news has died down, its just not looking up at all.

Anyone feeling like they were let down? There was a BOOM at the start, then it really just hit a dead end.
    No one is with you. Go away.
    the app store hasn't even been unveiled yet. just watch all the good things happen
    This signature for rent
    Sorry, to busy writing cool apps for the Pre to join an ultimatum. Check back tomorrow.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Sorry...can't agree with you, nor go with you. I LOVE THE PRE. Boring...no way....everyday I'm able to do more and more with it. If your bored with it, well than, you were not going to give it a chance to begin with. I have been able to make it do what ever I needed it to...so....see ya.
    There was no reason in the world for your post, just to try to get others on your side...come on....do what you need to do
    Not again . . . when will these threads end?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Sorry...can't agree with you, nor go with you. I LOVE THE PRE. Boring...no way....everyday I'm able to do more and more with it. If your bored with it, well than, you were not going to give it a chance to begin with. I have been able to make it do what ever I needed it to...so....see ya.
    There was no reason in the world for your post, just to try to get others on your side...come on....do what you need to do
    To be honest, this is a FORUM, so yes, you discuss a subject openly.. That seems to be a hard concept for members on this forum to understand. I'm not downing your "god" i'm just stating how I feel. God forbid anyone states something against the Pre. Maybe you'll get your wish, along with a lot of others, your thick headedness will get in the way of pushing Palm to release things that should have already been included, because you have some sick obsession, like a child, that what you buy is perfect.

Get real. Its an open forum, grow up, I would hope none of these comments aren't coming from adults, because if so, wow.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Well I'm ditching my Pre because in 2 years when developers have written cool games, then it won't be able to play them.

I'm ditching my pre because it gets scratches on that little lip on the keyboard because they didn't reinforce the plastic on the case with diamond plated laquer.

I'm ditching my pre becasue the screen is too glossy.

I'm ditching my pre because you can't put a memory card in it.

I'm ditching my pre because i can't turn it into a remote control for my tv.

I'm ditching my pre because I can't play dopewars on i... oh wait. n/m

/s
    I'm not with OP at all. As the saying goes, familiarity breeds contempt. You've just gotten too close and all you can see is the faults. It's not that the Pre doesn't have faults, it does, obviously. And it's not that Palm is the perfect company. But really, you seem to have lost perspective if the things you've mentioned are really what's bothering you about the phone.

This week I convinced my dad to get a Pre, and last night I spent about 2 hours on the phone with him helping him get set up. I wish I had counted the number of times he said, "Wow, I can't believe it can do that." It made me appreciate all the little things that are so great about the Pre that they fade into the background. It's so easy to take for granted the things that work.

When I stop and think about it, I actually like the fact that the Pre is somewhat unfinished. I feel like I'm riding along with the developers at Palm, the App Catalog developers, and the homebrew developers as everyone is working together to make the device in my pocket as good as it can be. The new capabilities that are on the horizon are very exciting. In 6 months, the Pre will be a completely different animal, I'm certain.

But, dear OP, I think you will still be bored, even if you get everything you think you want.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    To be honest, this is a FORUM, so yes, you discuss a subject openly.. That seems to be a hard concept for members on this forum to understand. I'm not downing your "god" i'm just stating how I feel. God forbid anyone states something against the Pre. Maybe you'll get your wish, along with a lot of others, your thick headedness will get in the way of pushing Palm to release things that should have already been included, because you have some sick obsession, like a child, that what you buy is perfect.

Get real. Its an open forum, grow up, I would hope none of these comments aren't coming from adults, because if so, wow.
    Dude. Seriously. The phone has only been out for not even a full 3 months now. THE ENTIRE PHONE IS BRAND NEW TO THIS MARKET. It's going to take some time to develop everything needed to get the phone up to the point where Treos were as far as being common for smartphone users to have. This phone is going to skyrocket once the app catalog becomes more widely available to developers. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure we're going to see an update pretty soon.. With the new launch happening with Bell, I can imagine how much more they updated to the phone itself that they are going to release to us Sprint users.

And you're blaming the PHONE for not having anymore space for applications? Seriously, wtf? The damn thing comes with 8GB of memory ffs! If you're running out of space for applications, you seriously need to delete some applications. I'd go so far as to say that a good 60% of what you have on your phone you don't use, nor do you need. To be out of space this early on makes me wonder if you're just trying to push the hell out of the limits of your phone just to see what all you can cram-pack into it.

I'm not even going to put one of those typical iPhone comments here, because honestly, I wouldn't want you plaguing any other forum/smartphone-market with your impatience and ineptitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm not with OP at all. As the saying goes, familiarity breeds contempt. You've just gotten too close and all you can see is the faults. It's not that the Pre doesn't have faults, it does, obviously. And it's not that Palm is the perfect company. But really, you seem to have lost perspective if the things you've mentioned are really what's bothering you about the phone.

This week I convinced my dad to get a Pre, and last night I spent about 2 hours on the phone with him helping him get set up. I wish I had counted the number of times he said, "Wow, I can't believe it can do that." It made me appreciate all the little things that are so great about the Pre that they fade into the background. It's so easy to take for granted the things that work.

When I stop and think about it, I actually like the fact that the Pre is somewhat unfinished. I feel like I'm riding along with the developers at Palm, the App Catalog developers, and the homebrew developers as everyone is working together to make the device in my pocket as good as it can be. The new capabilities that are on the horizon are very exciting. In 6 months, the Pre will be a completely different animal, I'm certain.

But, dear OP, I think you will still be bored, even if you get everything you think you want.
    Quoted. For. Mother. Effin'. Truth.
    Welp I'm starting to feel like this may be coming to the end of the road for the Pre (for me at least). I'm going to wait it out a few months (max). I love this phone, has so much potential, but I'm getting the whole "Dead as a door nail" vibe. News is sketchy, basically nothing.

There are too many variables for me to really want to stick it out.
    1) What is Palm going to use for the GPU? WebGL or OpenGL? WebGL isn't going to be good enough.
    2) Umm... I have no more space for apps.. Yea.. Its a joke.
    3) I feel like the hardware gets more flimsy every day! Scary
    4) Palm, do SOMETHING to un-bore us!
    list goes on and on.

I know a lot of you are patiently waiting and thats great! I have no worries Palm will come through later than sooner. I can't explain my feelings, but its almost like I'm starting to get really bored lately.

I see other phone's getting "Freshness" daily.. Ours... ehh not so much. I think a lot of us are a bit leary due to the whole Instinct ordeal. This is starting to look pretty darn close. The news has died down, its just not looking up at all.

Anyone feeling like they were let down? There was a BOOM at the start, then it really just hit a dead end.
    The iphone was boring when it came out too.....no app store....AT ALL
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

A little bit of a reach with the "getting Freshness daily", don't you think. I don't know of any product let alone phone that receives updates daily.
    "Patience Grasshopper"
    I love the Pre.

For all of the frustrated people out there: I think we're way past the half-way mark when it comes to seeing big things happen.

However, I must admit, while the phone is cool - it really doesn't do anything other phones can't do. In fact, the Pre is missing a lot of basic functionality.

It's still the best, sexiest phone in Sprint's lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I love the Pre.

For all of the frustrated people out there: I think we're way past the half-way mark when it comes to seeing big things happen.

However, I must admit, while the phone is cool - it really doesn't do anything other phones can't do. In fact, the Pre is missing a lot of basic functionality.

It's still the best, sexiest phone in Sprint's lineup.
    Hi ejohnnyk, my name is Homebrew.

Hi ejohnnyk, my name is multitasking like a MOTHER EFFER.

Hi ejohnnyk, my name is freely-available SDK.

...I could go on forever...
  16.    #16  
    This PHONE is coming as a competitor to the iPhone. It PLACED itself in this position. It has a GREAT advantage over the 1st gen iPhone, it has a model to base itself off of.

Palm went into this knowing what it was competing against. All of these "Updates" that "should" be coming, should have come OUT. The Wiki has fixed most of it.. but thats not fair to people who aren't tech savvy. Palm is p*ssing around with this and its not good.

I mean seriously? How hard would it have been for them to enable forwarding? What about the App limitations? This stuff should have been addressed.

Great real people. The phone really isn't on-par with other devices right now. Once again, Palm knew what they were getting themselves into and they rushed it too much. They should have had WAY more then 41 apps developed before the first day of launch, let alone 3 months later.

Wanna wait a couple mins for an app to load? Wanna restart your phone due to a glitch? Well be prepared to wait a few min. How can we sit here and not be disappointed? Are you people nuts? I swear, some of you hate to realize that what you have bought has problems, or that other devices better it in certain aspects. So instead of posting, combining to create solutions, writing palm and getting the solution known, you'd rather post on how "Your an ***** for not liking the direction Palms in".. The only way your not an ***** is if your a biased fan boy.

Just like when people started posting about washed out screens, oreo problems, restarts when closing the keyboard. SAME responses "We'll cya", "Goodbye", "Stop complaining", "Don't need ya". All of you sound like foolish children.

Seems like 90% of you were wrong, since Palm actually listened to the people who had huge MFG problems. If we took your route, you'd rather return your phone 50000x's, hold your pride in, and then say "Well I never had a problem with my phone". When we all know that if we went through your post history, you too, returned your phone, but you just hate to admit it was defective.

Solve the solutions and stop acting like children. Let people post their opinions, it may actually push Palm to do more.
    I think a lot of us are a bit leary due to the whole Instinct ordeal.
    You lost me at that point. The Instinct was nothing more than a dumbphone with some added features.

Welcome to the world of smartphones.

Are you that bored with homebrew apps coming out daily, the app catalog gearing up for next month, and palm pumping out updates?

That said, i've jumped ship already. But not because it was boring. The Pre was fun to play around with.

But i've basically beta tested Treos and previous iphones enough and finally reached my point and realized its time to take a break from that. (try to understand all smartphones have started off rough) Apple finally has things speedy, included some missing features, etc...so i'm going to have fun with a somewhat finished product for awhile.

I might jump back to palm again later..who knows?
  18.    #18  
    Yea I may jump back also. But the homebrew apps that are coming out, lets face it, some are amazing, some aren't. We are seeing a lot of duplicate apps..
    Great real people. The phone really isn't on-par with other devices right now. Once again, Palm knew what they were getting themselves into and they rushed it too much. They should have had WAY more then 41 apps developed before the first day of launch, let alone 3 months later.

Solve the solutions and stop acting like children. Let people post their opinions, it may actually push Palm to do more.
    You're welcome to post your opinion, and other people are equally welcome to post their opinion about your opinion. I am personally not even quibbling with you about the nits you've pointed out. I agree that the Pre has limitations. I would really love to have email search, or at least sort, for example.

But you didn't say that you had specific issues that wanted addressed. You said that because of a long list of issues, you were "bored" and were about ready to be done with the phone.

It would be childish to expect other people who aren't "bored" or ready to abandon the Pre to not disagree with you. You want to help Palm, you want to get them to address specifics? Telling them that you're taking your ball and going home isn't going to do it. Try starting a thread on a specific issue and provide some specific, creative solutions.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    ...I could go on forever...
    Please don't. While I don't agree with the OP and personally love the pre, responses like yours to the OP's comments and the comments of other posters are getting annoying as well. You're worse then the iphone fanboys trolling the site.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast