Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    And fixed the WebDoctor.
    What do you mean by this?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  2.    #22  
    The WebDoctor recognized my phone after doing that one guy's trick, so I used it to reset the phone. I'm recovering my PalmProfile now, I will post the results when I can get to the camera.
  3.    #23  
    So after two hours of work, resetting my phone twice, reorganizing all my icons, backing up and reloading all of my data, THE CAMERA STILL DOESN'T WORK.

****ing awesome.
    So after two hours of work, resetting my phone twice, reorganizing all my icons, backing up and reloading all of my data, THE CAMERA STILL DOESN'T WORK.

****ing awesome.
    Admiral, why don't you take your phone back to Sprint? Do you not have the TEP (insurance)?
  5.    #25  
    No insurance.
  6.    #26  
    Am I missing something, or does Palm offer no email customer support? They have a free hotline that you can only use within 90 days of purchase, or a hotline that charges $15 to talk to you.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Support Services

I'd fall into that 90 day window, but that still seems ridiculous to me.
    No insurance.
    Interesting, I'd give it a shot. Sprint has been very kind when dealing with the Palm Pre. I'd go in and just play possum. Their techs might be familiar with the problem and fix it for you on-site or they might just give you a different Pre.

The worst that can happen is that they'll say they can't do anything about it. It could very well be a hw issue (stuck pin or dll)?

The 3.5mm jack has been having issues (stuck pin) and they've been having to replace Pre's for that issue alone since it has become a known hw issue.

The phone itself does have warranty from Palm for manufacturing defects aka the 3.5mm jack along with keyboard/slider power off issues (battery size issues with battery compartment).

Palm also offers a 90day window for support.

It can't hurt. I'd do it.
  8.    #28  
    This problem has only existed for a day or so. I'm going to visit sprint in the next few days, but what can a tech do that I haven't already done? Plus, I bought the phone at RadioShack.

The only other person that I could find with this problem was told by sprint that it was a hardware issue. That's probably just their catch-all excuse, especially since he'd only had the phone for a day or two. It is clearly not a hardware issue in my case.

I'll have to call in to Palm too, but then I'll be without my phone for weeks.
    This problem has only existed for a day or so. I'm going to visit sprint in the next few days, but what can a tech do that I haven't already done? Plus, I bought the phone at RadioShack.

The only other person that I could find with this problem was told by sprint that it was a hardware issue. That's probably just their catch-all excuse, especially since he'd only had the phone for a day or two. It is clearly not a hardware issue in my case.

I'll have to call in to Palm too, but then I'll be without my phone for weeks.
    I've never bought a phone thru any other vendor than Sprint. Also, if it's some type of dll issue that is causing the camera to stop working, it can be related to the hw. Sprint stating that it's a hw issue is a good thing for you. Depending on how you approach this, the Sprint store has been very forgiving with the Palm Pre (true story).

I'd try the Sprint store (since you do have a Sprint account). Bypass the 3rd party vendor. Especially since you don't have to try and duplicate the issue, the issue is there for everyone to see. You have the advantage here. The ball is in your court!
    I'm having the same issue, developed about a week ago. Was intermittent, now is happening all the time. When it was working, I also started having lots of vertical lines on the display (video distortion).

Found this thread referencing same problem, with a partial workaround:
    (Can't post link yet... search for post "185911-camera-takes-forever-open")

Suggests opening Camera app with slider closed, then opening slider. That worked for me once... but not again. Certainly looks like a hardware problem.

I'll do WebDoctor then try again.
    (I'm just posting here to confirm problem is possibly slightly more widespread.)
    Update to my previous post:
    WebOS Doctor didn't accomplish anything re: fixing the camera.

Visited Sprint store; they're replacing the phone.
    kool at least the problem is solved !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I actually had this problem about a week after getting my Pre. Someone else had it too, because they made the thread.

But then my camera was working fine for months, with and without homebrew apps installed. Now my camera is doing it again.. just sitting there with a gray screen and the camera icon in the middle (the icon rotates, of course, when I rotate the phone). I tried resetting the phone to no avail.

I guess I'll have to use WebDoctor and bring the phone to the Sprint store.

They need to give me some sort of special Pre, too, because I get no signal in my dorm room at college! I have an Airaive but it's impossible for me to set it up because of all the restrictions on things you can do with the internet here. (ok I'm just joking about getting a special Pre, but this really sucks.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12