Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ive been trying to use the WebOS Doctor since lastnight to restore my Pre to default and now im even trying it at work. But i hook up the pre to the computer by the USB and the computer reads it but when i get prompted by the webos doctor the NEXT button stays dimmed after it checks the system...

What mode do i put the Pre in?

btw...i've let it sit for about 20 mins and i've closed and reinstalled the program like about 3 times already, wat the fudge am i doing wrong??
    I had this happen to me once. I went to Device Info and did a Full Erase which fixed the problem. Kind've a hassle to wait, but just hope that you didn't put too much work into rebuilding your phone.

If that should work, then use WebOS Doctor.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    ive been trying to use the WebOS Doctor since lastnight to restore my Pre to default and now im even trying it at work. But i hook up the pre to the computer by the USB and the computer reads it but when i get prompted by the webos doctor the NEXT button stays dimmed after it checks the system...

What mode do i put the Pre in?

btw...i've let it sit for about 20 mins and i've closed and reinstalled the program like about 3 times already, wat the fudge am i doing wrong??
    Charge only....
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    awesome thanx guys, ill give it a shot...
    If none of those work, then turn off your phone. When it's fully shut down, hold the UP volume button and plug in the USB port at the same time. This should activate a USB logo that will fill the entire screen. Proceed to open WebOS doctor.

Tell me your results.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Im having the exact same issue and I tried this method (turning off and holding volume) and nothing happens differently in web os doctor sad.
    I had the same issue, but here is the solution. It worked.

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    I had the same issue, but here is the solution. It worked.

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.
    Just want to give this thread a bump. I have been referring people to these instructions which have helped many people to get webos doctor to work!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Glad to see these details posted... replacing my Pre & wanna wipe it clean 1st
    I have followed thes directions to the t and The next button is still unavailable. any ideas? I dont think the novacom drivers are loading properly
    Check in services to see if novacom is running?
    Otherwise go to c:/programfiles/palm, inc and reinstall novacom.
    i got the folder open how do i reinstall It?
    i think i reinstalled but tried again and a black box comes up and says control service failed.
    Just double tap the nova file directly in the folder(Should be a quick flash) and see if the doctor now works for you?
    If not go into the subfolder and reinstall the drivers and do the nova.exe and then try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by timcorb View Post
    i think i reinstalled but tried again and a black box comes up and says control service failed.
    Close and then reopen the doctor when launching the nova.
    reinstalled still cant hit next after pluggin the pre
    should i just delete the novacom folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by timcorb View Post
    should i just delete the novacom folder?
    No don't delete it. Is your pre in developer mode?

Edit:Actually discount my last question if your using the recovary procedure.

Copy the palm, inc to a usb flash drive then delete the palm folder. Now try going through the same steps again?
    What antivirus are you using?
    it was not. just turned it on and restarin now
    i think i reinstalled novacom but i still get the black box that says service failed.
    what a pain in the a**
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast